Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Willimas to 49'ers
Finally: The #Redskins have agreed to terms on a trade of LT Trent Williams to the #49ers, per me, @TomPelissero & @MikeGarafolo. It took until Day 3 of the Draft, but Washington gets it done, and SF gets help at a position of need.  It’s for a 5th this year and 3rd next year.

maybe we can assemble a trent williams
clone with all the body parts that we are going to draft today

Riley Reiff, get ready to play LG

Quote: @Skodin said:
maybe we can assemble a trent williams
clone with all the body parts that we are going to draft today

Riley Reiff, get ready to play LG
No way I would have given up next year's 3rd as part of the deal. Minnesota still has too many holes to give that pick up.

Staley announced his retirement,   explains the niners jumping today. 

I'm... not bummed about this.
From the money he wants to the injuries to the conflicting leaks all around the potential deal with the Vikings, there's a lot of red flags.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
That put leverage back in Washington's corner. They had none with Minnesota once Cleveland was picked. Learning that San Francisco had a need allowed them to up their asking price.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
That put leverage back in Washington's corner. They had none with Minnesota once Cleveland was picked. Learning that San Francisco had a need allowed them to up their asking price.
From what I heard, though, Staley didn't "announce" his retirement.  He told the SF front office that he was (probably) going to retire, before the draft, to give them a courtesy heads-up.  I don't know if that was ever made public, though.

[Image: w04pwqjwz203.gif]

Quote: @pumpf said:
@FSUVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
From what I heard, though, Staley didn't "announce" his retirement.  He told the SF front office that he was (probably) going to retire, before the draft, to give them a courtesy heads-up.  I don't know if that was ever made public, though.
As soon as San Francisco called Washington they had to know something was up. Mcglinchey at RT ain't going anywhere  

32 years old
 Hasn't played all 16 games since 2013.
has missed 16  regular season games since 2013 
32 games missed if ya count 2019.
A 3rd in 2021 and 5th in 2020

sometimes the best moves turn out being the moves the Vikings DON'T make.

Have they announced the terms of his new deal?