Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Available For Day 2
Say we walk away tonight with a haul like this - Blacklock/Elliott/Madubuike, Jabari Zuniga/Darrell Taylor, Jonah Jackson and a trade for Trent Williams....and I may need to change my underwear.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I'm most surprised at the amount of DL remaining - or, how few did not get drafted last night. Aside from Epenesa and Gros-Matos, all of these DT are available: Justin Madubuike, Ross Blacklock, Neville Gallimore, Raekwon Davis, Jordan Elliott, Marlon Davidson. Maybe no need to trade up for a 3T - though I expect there will be an early run at the DL, and they need to get the right one.

Kinda where my mind is.  IMO that is the biggest hole right now.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Say we walk away tonight with a haul like this - Blacklock/Elliott/Madubuike, Jabari Zuniga/Darrell Taylor, Jonah Jackson and a trade for Trent Williams....and I may need to change my underwear.
I'll need to visit the ER within 4 hours

So much of what we do day two will depend on whether or not we're planning to trade for Trent Williams. IF we do, I think we're looking at S, DT, G. If we don't, pick 58 almost has to be a tackle. But I doubt Ezra Cleveland or Josh Jones drop that far. The tackles beyond that are more developmental. With Cleveland getting their tackle, the Vikings should be the front runners for Williams. 

How cool would it be to then draft a badass guard at 58, perhaps giving us Williams-Hunt-Bradbury-Samia-O'Neill. Line done. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Put Gallimore in there and I'm sold. I don't expect him to go above Blacklock, but I'll bet you a box of donuts that in two years he's the best DT of that group. LOVE Darrell Taylor. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@PurpleCrush said:
Put Gallimore in there and I'm sold. I don't expect him to go above Blacklock, but I'll bet you a box of donuts that in two years he's the best DT of that group. LOVE Darrell Taylor. 
Forgot about him. Definitely. There's so much for Rick to work with today.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1253740105828835334

Well, there you have it. He IS the Best.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
So much of what we do day two will depend on whether or not we're planning to trade for Trent Williams. IF we do, I think we're looking at S, DT, G. If we don't, pick 58 almost has to be a tackle. But I doubt Ezra Cleveland or Josh Jones drop that far. The tackles beyond that are more developmental. With Cleveland getting their tackle, the Vikings should be the front runners for Williams. 

How cool would it be to then draft a badass guard at 58, perhaps giving us Williams-Hunt-Bradbury-Samia-O'Neill. Line done. 
You forgot to say Boom. Need a 3T still, though. Is there a way Minnesota can land one of Gallimore/Blacklock/Madubuike/Davidson, trade for Williams AND still get a plug n play LG?

Quote: @greediron said:
@Jor-El said:
I'm most surprised at the amount of DL remaining - or, how few did not get drafted last night. Aside from Epenesa and Gros-Matos, all of these DT are available: Justin Madubuike, Ross Blacklock, Neville Gallimore, Raekwon Davis, Jordan Elliott, Marlon Davidson. Maybe no need to trade up for a 3T - though I expect there will be an early run at the DL, and they need to get the right one.

Kinda where my mind is.  IMO that is the biggest hole right now.
DL is a huge need. We still need a starter at 3T and at least depth at DE, though there are some prospects like Gross-Matos and Epenesa who could easily be starters early in their career. There's also still a lot of secondary talent available, so if they want to add a nickel or safety depth, then they should go out and get it. That's where Winfield Jr. could be interesting, since he could play nickel and be insurance at safety.

I’d like to trade up for CeeDee Lamb’s girlfriend...  B) B) B)