Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, the Vikings have to be a solid grade of A in round 1
Not big on grading drafts, but they filled two big needs with excellent prospects. Jefferson is easily an outside WRer, all this talk about only playing slot is silly. Gladney is a feisty, talented DB that is long for his size. There really shouldn't be much debate on this, its pretty cut and dried. Picking up a 4th and 5th to move down six spots and get a kid like Gladney is pretty damn smooth. The meat of this Draft for Minnesota comes between rounds 2 and 4....plenty of talent left, take a swing or two on guys with some major upside.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1253685348321935367
Vikings appear to have added some youth to their marketing department. 

The Vikings media people are putting out some good videos here lately, love it!

Gladney will be the starting slot corner...quick and aggressive tackler.  Jefferson is a fluid route runner with good speed and can line up anywhere.  Pretty good job drafting. 

Gladney is the Steve Smith of CBs...lotta dog in him...love the pick and getting more draft capital...out freaking standing...

It really couldn't have played out any better than it did. Two day 1 starters is all we can ask for plus the additional draft ammo we got from a nice trade down. Great position to go up and get another starter in the early 2nd. Who should it be? Lots of great options still on the board. AWJ, Jones, Cleveland, McKinney, Gross-Matos, Epenesa, Blacklock, etc. Now that most of the rumored trade partners for Williams addressed their need in the draft at OT, the only teams left are us and the Eagles and I don't see them trading with Philly. I have a feeling that Washington is still asking too much in compensation and will ultimately be stuck with him this year. Williams contract demands could also derail any possible trade. If this isn't a net zero cap move for the Vikings, I wouldn't do it. Keep Reif at the current price and fill the holes on the line with all the picks we have. 

Great start, and it looks like we're well positioned to get some really good prospects tonight as well. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
Great start, and it looks like we're well positioned to get some really good prospects tonight as well. 
Yep....would love to see them target somebody and move up. Someone who can start or majorly contribute.