Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings high on Jaylon Johnson

Unless it's blue chip? I can't stomach another first rd corner....

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Unless it's blue chip? I can't stomach another first rd corner....
Me either. Its a big need but I don't want them to do it. 

I'm not big on him. I've got him 5th or 6th in my CB rankings. He's one of the guys I'd throw my beer at the TV if we picked in the first round, but there seems to be a lot of mocks and buzz like this that it could happen. 

I'd take him ahead of Gladney and Fulton, but not Terrell or the top two. 

Johnson fits what MN wants to do schematically. Brought that piece up a few weeks back. Issue is that he's red flagged on a lot of teams boards for medical.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Johnson fits what MN wants to do schematically. Brought that piece up a few weeks back. Issue is that he's red flagged on a lot of teams boards for medical.
*ahem*

Is there a final mock coming soon?

Minnesota was in Zone like 77% of the time last year. That was before Mike hired a CB Coach & Capers, who are both Cover 3 guys. Doesn't seem like a move back to Man is on the horizon. 

Why spend a 1st Round pick on a Zone CB? Unless it's Henderson just wait and get a Slot CB in the 3rd and supplement with Kirkpatrick or wait for Roster cut downs.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I take it Minnesota isn't one of those teams?

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
I take it Minnesota isn't one of those teams?
Pelissero said his recovery is ahead of schedule on his torn labrum surgery. He definitely has had multiple shoulder issues which is why a lot of teams have question marks on him. The other guy I really like if we waited to 58 to grab a corner is Damon Arnette Jr. from Ohio State. Not the fastest, but good size and physical. He was overshadowed by Okudah, but was a great playmaker. I think he would come in and contribute right away and give us the Outside Corner we need so Hughes can play Nickel.