Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What good are LIBERATE "insert state here" Tweets doing?
Clueless.

Haha They said Trump was wrong that they needed more ventilators.  Nope!  

Trump was right.  hahaha. Sorry!

You know who needs ventilators?  Somalia.  Our whacko Somalian has been silent about that.  But she sure is on top of lifting sanctions against Iran. 

Yeah. Biden making racist remarks isn’t racist.  

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”. JOE BIDEN, JAN 2007 (Referring to Obama)

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
China told is it was not spread human to human ... WHO agreed ... while China was protecting its citizens and kicking our journalists out.  AT THE BEGINNING. 

Let’s talk about the ventilators.  Everyone was in a panic - spread by dem governors and the media - who was right?  At the peak - we needed 14k ventilators in country.  Cuomo said he needed 40k for NY alone.  

When Trump shut travel with China down early, Pelosi introduced a bill that went nowhere to take away Trump’s power to ban travel.  He was called a xenophobe. 

How about the hydroxychloroquine for patients at the end? Why did some governors ban the use?

How about the bullshit models?  Now we find 85 times as many people had the disease and the fatality numbers were projected incorrectly.  

Why did Pelosi take down her video promoting social gatherings as Trump was talking about social distancing!

Why did de Blasio go against Trump and promote going out?  Coincidence perhaps that NYC was the worst hit?

It is all delusional.  All partisan nonsense.  

Now you want to attack Pence and the task force?  Stop.  

Partisan non-sense?

What grade would you give Pence for the testing capabilities of the US to-date? An A? B? An F????

More importantly, you know as well as I do the states can't open-up quickly without adequate testing...The protestors should be protesting "test us so we can get back to work"...

That should have been directed @ Pence. That's not their visceral, emotional, whipped up to a frenzied response that they directed at local governors. 

The POTUS could/should have responded everyone settle down and get back to social distancing and wearing masks. 

We're ramping-up testing so we can test/trace/isolate so you can go back to making a living. 

That would be in-line with what Fed and CDC have come up with and communicated with grandeur. 

Instead he tweeted that shit to agitate and go all partisan political on it...That's putting politics before our country. Not a beautiful thing. 

Hahaha They had to develop the tests, no?

You think Pence didn’t do his job?  k.

On CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, the Republican governor of Maryland and the Democratic governors of Virginia and Michigan disputed Trump's assertions that their states have enough testing to move toward reopening their states.
Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam called the administration's declarations that the states have ample testing capacity is "just delusional."

"We've been fighting every day for PPE. We have supplies now coming in. We've been fighting for testing," Northam told CNN's Jake Tapper. "It's not a straightforward test. We don't even have enough swabs."

On the same program, Republican Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said the lack of testing is the number one problem in America and "has been since the beginning of the crisis."
"The administration, I think, is trying to ramp up testing. They are doing some things with respect to private labs," Hogan said. "But to try and push this off to say that the governors have plenty of testing and they should just get to work on testing -- somehow we aren't doing our job -- is just absolutely false." 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Hahaha They had to develop the tests, no?

You think Pence didn’t do his job?  k.
So you're excusing Pence? Not holding him accountable in any way, shape or form? 

What grade would you give him for how well/how quickly the US has rolled-out testing on an absolute and relative to other countries basis?

What about PPE?

Rhetorical questions...Ones we'll be reflecting on in the coming mos. and years. 

LOL how do you even know what Pence and the task force has even been doing to give a grade?

Based on CNN?  Or governors feeling the heat? Right. 

Funny how for weeks we listen to Trump didn’t shut the country down sooner ... then when he claims he wants to open it up the media and the left claim federalism.  

It is the responsibility of the states to test, to run hospitals, to shut things down, etc.  The federal government is working with them.

Can’t have it both ways.  Sorry. 

Maybe I'm a couple days late on this, but I just don't see how this is a call for civil war or anything similar?  That seems like massive hyperbole.
I do find it interesting to watch the discussion on authoritarianism play out and at what levels.  As some who believes in liberty and prioritizing governments that are closer to home vs further away, I just see so much inconsistency out there.  It just looks like tribalism.
I see it from a more right leaning perspective right now, and it's really bizarre to see people advocating for positions that are counter from their parties historical beliefs.  It seems like people are pro-authoritarianism when it's their own team, but anti-authoritarianism when it's the other team.
I'm mostly against authoritarianism at all levels.  Like if you're hearing governments arresting people or forcibly preventing people for doing things they normally could do because of Covid19, I'm probably against that in general.  I don't think your freedoms should get removed because one person feels like it's an emergency.  My preference, is that governments should be providing leadership and access to information, more than forcing people to do stuff, and they should be providing aid to help people make the correct decisions.  I think there might be some extreme cases like the meat processing plants where intervention needs to happen, but I think those should be the outliers and not the norm.  For the most part I think people have been making good decisions, but the media focuses on a handful of people to rile everyone up and convince them that we hate each other.

I think a lot of our problems here are coming from centralization of wealth.  People shouldn't be in such dire circumstances, where they can't afford to be off work for a handful amounts of months.  In the longterm, we need to directly address this issue. 

Quote: @medaille said:
Maybe I'm a couple days late on this, but I just don't see how this is a call for civil war or anything similar?  That seems like massive hyperbole.
I do find it interesting to watch the discussion on authoritarianism play out and at what levels.  As some who believes in liberty and prioritizing governments that are closer to home vs further away, I just see so much inconsistency out there.  It just looks like tribalism.
I see it from a more right leaning perspective right now, and it's really bizarre to see people advocating for positions that are counter from their parties historical beliefs.  It seems like people are pro-authoritarianism when it's their own team, but anti-authoritarianism when it's the other team.
I'm mostly against authoritarianism at all levels.  Like if you're hearing governments arresting people or forcibly preventing people for doing things they normally could do because of Covid19, I'm probably against that in general.  I don't think your freedoms should get removed because one person feels like it's an emergency.  My preference, is that governments should be providing leadership and access to information, more than forcing people to do stuff, and they should be providing aid to help people make the correct decisions.  I think there might be some extreme cases like the meat processing plants where intervention needs to happen, but I think those should be the outliers and not the norm.  For the most part I think people have been making good decisions, but the media focuses on a handful of people to rile everyone up and convince them that we hate each other.

I think a lot of our problems here are coming from centralization of wealth.  People shouldn't be in such dire circumstances, where they can't afford to be off work for a handful amounts of months.  In the longterm, we need to directly address this issue. 

No doubt we have a distribution of wealth issue - that in some part is inherent in a capitalistic system. OTOH, I know a lot of people that I respect and care for a great deal, who couldn't manage $ well if their lives depended on it. 

If you think there is a concentration of wealth in capitalistic societies, you ought to go search for the gold in China, Cuba, and Venezuala.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@medaille said:

No doubt we have a distribution of wealth issue - that in some part is inherent in a capitalistic system. OTOH, I know a lot of people that I respect and care for a great deal, who couldn't manage $ well if their lives depended on it. 
No doubt.  The only thing I would say is that there's no one unified capitalist system.  There's different flavors that are an amalgamation of whatever laws control them, so there's definitely stuff that can be tweaked to get us in a better place.
I think the most notable problem with our capitalist system right now is that we use a fractional reserve banking system, that has a built in bias in moving money towards the banks and indebting our nation/citizens.