Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders Formally Announce They Are Moving On From Derek Carr
[Image: Oakland%20Raiders.png]
Raiders GM Mike Mayock said, "We feel really good about the quarterback position."In a pre-draft interview, Mayock expressed satisfaction with his two quarterbacks, Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota, but the Raiders have not one, but two first-round picks in next week's NFL Draft. Las Vegas will likely have an opportunity to select one of the top-four consensus quarterbacks, although it seems more likely that the team adds a receiver or corner given team needs. Carr remains the heavy favorite to start Week 1 with Mariota available if the offense remains stagnant. 
RELATED: 

remember when it was Carr > TBH2O   ?

I'm not sure that still isn't the case.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm not sure that still isn't the case.
I was never that enamored with Carr once he got to the pros,  at least not as much as a lot of people were his rookie year.   I would have like him out of college though,  but once the raiders get their hands on a player the finish tarnishes pretty quickly IMO.   He had a really good O around him early and then it fell apart and his play did as well.  I still like the kid,  but I dont know that he is all that great... Teddy due to his injury is IMO still a question mark.. high potential ceiling,   but potential doesnt win trophies.

Yeah but it is Chucky's team.
He collects QB's like penny's.

Did I miss something? I don't see where it says they are moving on from Carr.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
Did I miss something? I don't see where it says they are moving on from Carr.
You missed Barrnone's m.o. which is ironic inference.   

But if moving on means Marcus Mariota, well, I'm not even sure that constitutes moving sideways.  Probably more like backwards if history means anything.

I liked Carr and Bridgewater most. Both made a pro bowl. I greatly disliked Blake Bortles, the guy the planet seemed to love. I liked Garoppolo if we didn’t need an early starter. I was often alone in my preference. A lot of people liked Mettenbergher for some reason.

It was a pretty weak class that year, but I thought those few guys showed promise. Poor Teddy, who knows where he’d be today without that freak injury. Carr got picked by the Raiders the poor bastard. 
Carr’s career stats:  

TDINT:143–62
Passing yards:22,793
Completion percentage:64.0
Passer rating:90.7
Rushing yards:495
Rushing touchdowns:3
Teddys: 

TDINT:38–25
Passing yards:7,652
Completion percentage:65.2
Passer rating:88.3
Rushing yards:434
Rushing touchdowns:4
I felt you could win games with these guys if you put together a well rounded team.