Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Browns 'unequivocally' not even discussing Odell Beckham Jr. trade with Vikings

A report emerged on Wednesday morning that the Cleveland Browns were working on a trade to send Odell Beckham Jr. to the Minnesota Vikings. As it turns out, the Browns reportedly never even discussed trading their star wide receiver to Minnesota this offseason.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep...spartanntp

Good

Here's the "problem" though (as pointed out by Florio this morning): Cleveland, themselves, have not put out any official statement refuting any of this.  They have "sources" who are saying that... but has anyone seen Cleveland, themselves, specifically deny it?

and the Vikings had no interest in trading Stephon Diggs, Percy Harvin... 

Rookie WRs rarely produce in year 1, so kicking the tires on some vets makes sense. But from a locker room perspective, OBJ does not seem like a guy the Vikings would bring in. Plus, he's hurt a lot.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Rookie WRs rarely produce in year 1, so kicking the tires on some vets makes sense. But from a locker room perspective, OBJ does not seem like a guy the Vikings would bring in. Plus, he's hurt a lot.
He has only played 5 more games than Stef, yes he has been in the league one more year than him, but also missed 75% of a season due to injury

100 more catches tho . . 

I know it's anecdotal, but I've had OBJ on my fantasy team since he came into the league and his production has declined.  Constantly nicked up and has games where he disappears faster than Criss Angel.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Gas up the love boat and let it snow?

Quote: @Ralphie said:
I know it's anecdotal, but I've had OBJ on my fantasy team since he came into the league and his production has declined.  Constantly nicked up and has games where he disappears faster than Criss Angel.  Thanks, but no thanks.
Has been way more hype than production for a long time now. He is no Randy Moss.

Honestly I am not against the trade nor am I super excited about it.  But I like to see the Vikings doing something.  Just knowing they are out there pursuing possibilities makes me happy.  Lets get a LT if we are going to do a big trade.