Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump declares himself a dictator
[Image: guys-read-constitution-10-times-nothing-...C639&ssl=1]

So according to this cartoon...that i found on the internet ( so you know its accurate )  it wasnt Trumps fault that states didnt shut down,  it really wasnt in his scope of power... and conversely it cant be his say to make them open back up... again a local matter.   so for those that were killing him a week ago for not forcing a nation wide shut down... but are now saying he doesnt have the power to force states to be open....  you really can only have it one way or the other.   ( this train of thought works both ways as well,   you cant defend states rights for not shutting down, and support Trump saying he can force states to reopen... although it wouldnt be the first time a president or congress has forced states to toe a line that really shouldnt have been theirs to draw.)

Fake new. Canned cabbage didn't exist then.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Replying to
[Image: DioaEvsVsAAmxcj?format=jpg&name=small]
You've pretty much just described politics in general.  It's practically the Hegelian Dialectic, which has been a criticism of politicians for a long time.

I can't speak Hegelian.

I can't speak Hegelian.
We know.

On the other side of the authoritarian coin:

I can't speak Hegelian.
I think i have to go look that one up myself.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I can't speak Hegelian.
I think i have to go look that one up myself.
One of these is probably a good start:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...+synthesis

Dialectic
Dialectic or dialectics (Greek: διαλεκτική, dialektikḗ; related to dialogue), also known as the dialectical method, is at base a discourse between two or more people holding different points of view about a subject but wishing to establish the truth through reasoned arguments. Dialectic resembles debate, but the concept excludes subjective elements such as emotional appeal and the modern pejorative sense of rhetoric. Dialectic may thus be contrasted with both the eristic, which refers to argument that aims to successfully dispute another's argument (rather than searching for truth), or the didactic method, wherein one side of the conversation teaches the other. Dialectic is alternatively known as minor logic, as opposed to major logic or critique.

Dialectic
Dialectic or dialectics (Greek: διαλεκτική, dialektikḗ; related to dialogue), also known as the dialectical method, is at base a discourse between two or more people holding different points of view about a subject but wishing to establish the truth through reasoned arguments. Dialectic resembles debate, but the concept excludes subjective elements such as emotional appeal and the modern pejorative sense of rhetoric. Dialectic may thus be contrasted with both the eristic, which refers to argument that aims to successfully dispute another's argument (rather than searching for truth), or the didactic method, wherein one side of the conversation teaches the other. Dialectic is alternatively known as minor logic, as opposed to major logic or critique.
funny fucker huh? =)