Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For OL Prospects
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: Sj-M462u_bigger.jpg]
When I've spoken with NFL people - especially OL coaches - at some point the topic turns to "How do you have the tackles?"
I've got:
1. J. Wills
2. M. Becton
T3. A. Thomas
T3. T. Wirfs

5. Josh Jones
T6. I. Wilson
T6. Austin Jackson
8. Ezra Cleveland

I put Wilson behind Ezra.
He's overrating Wills IMO. And Wilson doesn't belong on a zone team. I'd put them Thomas, Wirfs, Jones, Cleveland, Becton, Wills, Jackson, but I have serious doubts about Jackson. With the caveat that I had serious doubts about O'Neill as well. 

SAAHDIQ CHARLES, OT, LSU: NO. 69On the field, Saahdiq Charles is a tricky evaluation. Take his 10 best plays from every game, it’ll look like Lane Johnson’s film. Take his 10 worst plays and I don't even think he's draftable. I'm not sure there's a more up-and-down player in this class with a wider range of outcomes.
Off the field, Charles is a tricky evaluation. He was suspended for six games in the 2019 championship LSU season for what he called a "selfish and stupid mistake" at the combine, but the exact character of that mistake has been chalked up to a “violation of team rules.” Charles said that his off-field concerns are the first thing that teams which means they are a big deal because there are a lot of questions to ask about his on-field performance as well.
I have Charles as a top-70 player because he not only has starting potential but has high-caliber starting potential. I'm willing to gamble on that range of outcomes, but perhaps I'm only willing to gamble on it because of what I don't know about Charles' background. Meanwhile, players with higher ceilings but worse film (like Boise State's Ezra Cleveland) and lower ceilings but more steady film (like Auburn’s Jack Driscoll) are both ranked below Charles. However, you can't skew for what you don't know. With the limited range of information I have on Charles' projection, he's one of my favorite Round 3 targets.
His interviews at the Combine are going to be .massively important. If he's there at #89, we've got our LG for the next decade. 

• Bleacher Report's Matt Miller reports that there is a "quiet buzz building" that the New York Giants could select Iowa T Tristan Wirfs with the No. 4 overall pick. At this juncture, Miller's intel indicates that Clemson's Isaiah Simmons may have the inside track to land with the Giants. But watch out for Wirfs. Writes the evaluator, "It's notable that around this time last year, the talk of Daniel Jones to the Giants heated up... " Miller notes that the difference this time around, of course, is that both Simmons and Wirfs are exceedingly logical picks for New York. Can't really go wrong either way. 
    SOURCE: Bleacher ReportApr 4, 2020, 5:29 PM ET

Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks
· 2m
I talked to 2 GMs in last 24 hours and both believe UGA OT Isaiah Wilson will go in the 1st round. That’s too rich for me but it looks like it’s going to happen. Betting on the upside.

Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks
· 2m
I talked to 2 GMs in last 24 hours and both believe UGA OT Isaiah Wilson will go in the 1st round. That’s too rich for me but it looks like it’s going to happen. Betting on the upside.
I could be wrong, but I suspect Wilson is going to appeal only to power/gap teams. So the earlier he goes, the better for us. 

https://twitter.com/i/status/1247209281168048128
Unlikely, but I heard one scout say that he's got some lower back issues and some sloppiness and standing around on film. So maybe.