Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few sounds bytes from Chad G.
It’s been four years since Chad Greenway retired after 11 seasons as linebacker for the Vikings.
“We’re doing really well,” the two-time Pro Bowl linebacker said the other day at his “Lead the Way Foundation” golf tournament at Wayzata Country Club.
Greenway, 37, and his family reside in Wayzata. He and wife Jennifer have four daughters, among them Maddyn, a seventh grader expected to start at point guard for Providence Academy high school this year.
The 6-foot-3 Greenway weighs nearly 20 pounds less than the 237 he played at.
“Just eating good, working out, don’t lift heavy anymore,” he said.
Greenway is an investor in Gray Duck Vodka, which came on the market two years ago.
“We’re in five states now and seeing a lot of growth,” he said. “I’ve learned a lot about business. It’s been a fun, new challenge.”
Greenway said he’s glad the NFL is “charging ahead” with the season despite the coronavirus pandemic. He said wouldn’t have even considered not playing despite the pandemic.
”Not at all. I would have played,” he said. “The thing about it is they (players) are in a safer environment than any of us are walking around in normal life.”
Asked if quarterback Kirk Cousins should receive extra protection from the virus, Greenway said absolutely.
“Wouldn’t you? Knowing that certain positions are more at risk, you would hope that your quarterback stays in a pretty tight bubble at home and at work,” he said.
If Cousins were to become infected?
“That would change things,” Greenway said.
Greenway on the Vikings heading into the season: “I think they will be very good, I really do. We need a happy Dalvin Cook, and I think they’ll work through (contract extension) that."
https://www.twincities.com/2020/09/05/ch...ffen-swap/