Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the draft unfolded like this, I would be ecstatic!

Quote: @betaman88 said:
dang it...how do I post a hyperlink from youtube?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@PurpleCrush said:
I'm torn on Mims. On the one hand he reminds me of Josh Gordon, minus the Cheech & Chong bit. They're both physically similar and look like they have the same type of skill set. That would benefit our offense tremendously. 

On the other hand he seems to be a boom or bust prospect, and with how our offseason has gone we need as many sure things as possible.
WR's are such a dang crap-shoot...As the OP points-out, you dont have to grab one in rd 1 to get a good one. All the draftniks are saying this is a very deep class. 

Unless one of the top 3 WR prospects are there, I'm with you and say wait. 

Quote: @betaman88 said:
Watch this video, I have a man crush on the guy, and he is a perfect scheme fit for our system, I see him mocked often in the early second round. We will need to replace some of what Diggs brought on the field with someone, or Thielen will have the same success. This guy is 6'3 215 pounds, and runs a sub 4.4. He high points the ball well, catches with his hands and not his body, and seems to use his body well. His tape reminds me of Deandre Hopkins.

I just know I would love to have the guy on our team. Very few of the "top" receivers in the NFL come out of the first round anyway. IE: Michael Thomas or even Diggs.

The issue with Mims is that you're projecting his size/speed since the game he played at Baylor does not translate to the NFL. He simply wins with size rather than skill and he isn't a very good route runner. NFL corners will beat him with technique and use his size and aggressiveness against him. High ceiling but I don't think he is a day one impact player by any means. Hopkins is a very different player.  

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:

The issue with Mims is that you're projecting his size/speed since the game he played at Baylor does not translate to the NFL. He simply wins with size rather than skill and he isn't a very good route runner. NFL corners will beat him with technique and use his size and aggressiveness against him. High ceiling but I don't think he is a day one impact player by any means. Hopkins is a very different player.  
You can tell he isn't a very good route runner in the highlight reel above.  For a guy with 4.3 speed, there are a ton of instances where the CB is in his hip pocket down the field.  Looks like he'll struggle to beat any type of man coverage until he figures that out.

Far too much talent likely available in the third or beyond to spend a premium pick for a WR. Van Jefferson, Bowden, and Higgins @ #105 or later works for a run first offence.

That's why Iike Jefferson more. And he's aces out of the Slot as well as Outside, so he and Adam can take turns lining up inside and stressing the Defense.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Kinlaw at 22 would be a dream...  but I don't know what to think about Mims.  If the Vikings can't get Jeudy, Lamb, or Jefferson with a first round pick, I would wait until Day 2/3 to go WR.  After you get past those three, I don't see the need to reach for someone from the next couple tiers.  I would rather look at solidifying our trenches with those first two picks.
I agree. Use the Diggs pick to improve elsewhere. If you use it on a receiver, that receiver is always going to be compared to Diggs. And that's not fair to the kid. I'd use a 2nd or a 3rd on receiver. A great route runner is what Kubiak and Cousins will need most. Van Jefferson would be good. I'm also intrigued by Antonio Gibson as four phase weapon. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
Kinlaw at 22 would be a dream...  but I don't know what to think about Mims.  If the Vikings can't get Jeudy, Lamb, or Jefferson with a first round pick, I would wait until Day 2/3 to go WR.  After you get past those three, I don't see the need to reach for someone from the next couple tiers.  I would rather look at solidifying our trenches with those first two picks.
I agree. Use the Diggs pick to improve elsewhere. If you use it on a receiver, that receiver is always going to be compared to Diggs. And that's not fair to the kid. I'd use a 2nd or a 3rd on receiver. A great route runner is what Kubiak and Cousins will need most. Van Jefferson would be good. I'm also intrigued by Antonio Gibson as four phase weapon. 
Van Jefferson will be good value in the 3rd and the Vikings have always valued good route runners since they took C-Patt. With good route runners at least you know you'll get some impact in year one. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
That's why Iike Jefferson more. And he's aces out of the Slot as well as Outside, so he and Adam can take turns lining up inside and stressing the Defense.
He definitely fits the mold of guys we've been successful with recently.  It'll be interesting to see where he ends up getting drafted.