Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diggs traded to Buffalo
Quote: @FSUVike said:
@jargomcfargo said:
The reason Diggs wanted out is the same reason losing him won't hurt as bad as many think. It's a running scheme.
Some act as if it was going to morph into the greatest show on turf once Cousins got adequate protection. 
Zimmer wants to run. Though Diggs is a gifted receiver, he isn't as crucial as some think.

The trade capital gained gives the Vikings a chance to fill a lot of holes and perhaps be contenders this year.
They will be a better team.
Didn't Kubiak have a pair of 1,000 yard Receivers in Denver when he won the Super Bowl? I'll save everyone some trouble: he did. 

Too many tropes being bandied about lately. 'Corners need time to learn Zimmer's intricate system'. Bullshit. Mike isn't even using that system any more and Hughes played a ton of snaps as a Rookie before he got hurt. 

'You don't need 2 WRs in this system'. Bullshit. Last time I checked Kevin Stefanski is no longer the OC in Minnesota. Gary Kubiak has run Offenses that were run oriented and had good to great Receivers at the same time.

'Zimmer won't let Kubiak open up the Offense' Bullshit. You really think a guy that has had to step down twice from being a Head Coach with health issues, who's won multiple Super Bowls as a Player and Coach, is going to take an OC job just to be dictated to by a Head Coach that doesn't have a third of his resume?

Gary has free reign to do what he wants with this Offense. He did not want Diggs gone and his Offense will suffer for the loss to some degree. Gary may well have known it was coming when he took the job. That doesn't mean he wanted it to happen.

In 2016, Emmanuel Sanders and Demarius Thomas each had 1000 yards receiving. Trevor Seimien was their QB, and Devonte Booker was their leading rusher carrying the ball 167 times for 612 yards and 4 TDs.

Where do I sign up? You guys were on to something with the CJ Ham thing.

My guts are still twisting realizing Diggs is gone.

But I think Spielman did about as well as he could for compensation when the entire league knew Diggs wanted out. Diggs wants to be THE GUY on a team. So Rick traded him to an outdoor cold-weather run-heavy team that we don't play until 2022.  Enjoy the lake effect in December, Stefon B)

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
I am dumb enough to draft two receivers in the 1st round.

Mims and Higgins.
Weren't these two characters from Magnum P.I.?

@FSUVike Just curious as to why a rookie WR is saddled with replicating a 1,000 yard season when Diggs has only done it twice, and one time just barely?

Wouldn't a more reasonable and doable target be along the lines of 800 yards, 63 receptions, and 5 TDs? In other words, what Diggs averaged his first 3 years? 

Furthmore, why is the rookie responsible for taking on all the production when it's more likely that Diggs targets get spread among Bisi, Smith, and perhaps a vet FA WR?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@FSUVike Just curious as to why a rookie WR is saddled with replicating a 1,000 yard season when Diggs has only done it twice, and one time just barely?

Wouldn't a more reasonable and doable target be along the lines of 800 yards, 63 receptions, and 5 TDs? In other words, what Diggs averaged his first 3 years? 

Furthmore, why is the rookie responsible for taking on all the production when it's more likely that Diggs targets get spread among Bisi, Smith, and perhaps a vet FA WR?
Its still going to be a run heavy offense. And as I've also pointed out earlier in this thread, Diggs' numbers aren't mind blowing. I don't think anyone is saying Diggs won't be missed, but his production will be easier to replicate for sure. You know Irv Smith is going to play a bigger role. Bisi will be even better as the #3. Thielen returns. And maybe a new WR comes in the Draft's first 3 rounds somewhere. 

Anyway, I liked Diggs and enjoyed him as a Viking. He can be a diva for sure, but its part of what makes him good, the fire. He wanted out and thought the offensive plan stifled him. Ok.....time to move on and see what those draft picks the team received will turn into. 

With rumors of trading Anthony Harris I wonder what Emmanuel Sanders wants as a contract? I feel like we could sign him to Harris' tag amount and then draft a receiver 1st or 2nd round (hopefully we get a 2nd rounder for the Harris trade). Purely speculating here

Didn't confirm this but, the only tweet from other Vikings was Irv wishing him good luck.

Could be absolutely nothing. 

Could be his act had worn razor thin.

Didn't confirm this but, the only tweet from other Vikings was Irv wishing him good luck.

Could be absolutely nothing. 

Could be his act had worn razor thin.
Wouldn’t surprise me, particularly if the Zimmer quote about the GB game was true.  It was obvious dude wanted out (my belief it has to do with Kirk and his trust with Adam), this will work out well for both of us.  He got out (but sent to Buffalo, be careful what you wish for)) and we got a nice package for a guy who didn’t want to be here

@FSUVike said:
I get that I'm not everyone's cup of tea as a poster. But Maroon and Faithful are gold. And they hate this trade. 

If you can't stop blindly protecting the team long enough to consider that 2 of the most level-headed, consistent posters are against it and think rationally about why they are...then Screw You!

Kidding. I'm now officially back on the Treadwell Bandwagon!
Well, I like it, Wet likes it, and Jimmy likes it. We aren't gold, were platinum...a d they like the trade.

If you can't stop blindly protecting the player long enough to consider that 3 of the most level neaded, consistent posters are for it, and think rationally about why they are...then screw YOU!

Kidding. I'm officially back on the Chad Beebe bandwagon.
Ive always thought of myself more as an aluminum kind of guy....stainless steel at best (but not the shitty kind that still rusts,  the good shit with a higher nickle content.) :p

It's probably nothing at all but I remember, a few years back, watching a BRob video where he interviews guys on the team.

One of the questions was "Who on this team would you NOT want your daughter to date?

EVERY single player said "Diggs". With absolutely no hesitation. 

It was funny AF to me at the time but thinking back, it seems like maybe a lot of players had very little respect for him, personality-wise. 

Like I said, probably nothing to it. The team not rallying around him after the trade reminded me of that moment. He wasn't a "star" back then either.