Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter Rumor Another WR Gets Moved Today
Quote: @Kentis said:
[Image: 3WWOW6A5_bigger.jpg]
Hearing some interest from #Seahawks and #Vikings for a trade involving Stefon Diggs.
278 people are talking about this
C
ould it be the Squaks again...!?  Wink
Diggs for D.K. Metcalf + their 1st, 3rd, and a 3rd round pick next year?

@FSUVike Well, thank to the Phins, the starting line for a Tier 2, and I'm being generous here, G starts at $10 million...

As far as how much talent do we need on the OL, you tell me. Cousins has all the escapability of a wounded water buffalo. I'm all for maximizing our investment in Cousins. 

Send him to NE in a sign and trade for Thuney and a pick. Then, hopefully Brady signs in Tampa and Diggs spends the next year screaming at Jared Stidham.

Send him to Vegas for a first and a fourth. Grab WR3, at worst, or OT4, or DT2.

Bottom line, at best Diggs took to Twitter to piss on Cousins extension. At worst, he practically daring the front office to trade him.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
@FSUVike said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
A 1st and a 4th...if that 1st gets you Jerry Jeudy or better...clears cap for a potential FA for the OL...
But whom on the OL? Skins tagged Smurf. Pats tagged Thuney. Colts kept Castonzo.

The truth is Minnesota was never in the market for those guys even if they had hit FA, regardless of cap space. A Tier 1 FA @ LT. 1st Round Center. 2nd Round RT. And Tier 1 LG? That's too much capital. Look at the Playoff Teams. Did any of them have that much invested in the Line?

Minnesota only needs a Tier 3 FA to upgrade from Elf, just like Kline, a Tier 3 FA was a massive upgrade from Remmers. Even if Rick had cut nobody and hadn't restructured Cousins they were still always going to be able to afford a Tier 3 LG.

The good news is now they can realistically look at Tier 2 guys like McGovern and Ragnow. Still, I'd prefer drafting the LT of the future and playing him at LG for one year.

Moving Diggs is not and never was a necessity for fixing the O-Line unless you're playing Madden GM.
Redskins for Trent Williams and something else?
Man, the injury concerns though. I'm too lazy to look it up but when was the last time Williams played close to a full season?

I will say this, if you ever were thinking about trading a Top 12 WR this is the Draft to do it. Just don't get ripped off like the idiot in Houston just did.

I think Diggs loves to troll the world because he gets so many Viking fans on the hook every time.

Quote: @comet52 said:
I think Diggs loves to troll the world because he gets so many Viking fans on the hook every time.
Maybe Diggs is njvike?  Since we banned him, Diggs suddenly started with the cryptic tweets...  *insert thinking emoji*

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@MarkSP18 said:
@FSUVike said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
A 1st and a 4th...if that 1st gets you Jerry Jeudy or better...clears cap for a potential FA for the OL...
But whom on the OL? Skins tagged Smurf. Pats tagged Thuney. Colts kept Castonzo.

The truth is Minnesota was never in the market for those guys even if they had hit FA, regardless of cap space. A Tier 1 FA @ LT. 1st Round Center. 2nd Round RT. And Tier 1 LG? That's too much capital. Look at the Playoff Teams. Did any of them have that much invested in the Line?

Minnesota only needs a Tier 3 FA to upgrade from Elf, just like Kline, a Tier 3 FA was a massive upgrade from Remmers. Even if Rick had cut nobody and hadn't restructured Cousins they were still always going to be able to afford a Tier 3 LG.

The good news is now they can realistically look at Tier 2 guys like McGovern and Ragnow. Still, I'd prefer drafting the LT of the future and playing him at LG for one year.

Moving Diggs is not and never was a necessity for fixing the O-Line unless you're playing Madden GM.
Redskins for Trent Williams and something else?
Man, the injury concerns though. I'm too lazy to look it up but when was the last time Williams played close to a full season?

I will say this, if you ever were thinking about trading a Top 12 WR this is the Draft to do it. Just don't get ripped off like the idiot in Houston just did.
2013 was his last full season.    9 years in the league and only had 2 years of 16 games.

Transactions 
  • Transaction, fine, and suspension data since 2015
November 7, 2019: Washington Redskins placed T Trent Williams on the non-football injury list.
October 30, 2019: Washington Redskins activated T Trent Williams from the IR/Did Not Report list.
July 27, 2019: Washington Redskins placed T Trent Williams on IR/Did Not Report list.
December 22, 2017: Washington Redskins placed T Trent Williams on IR.
November 1, 2016: NFL suspended Washington Redskins T Trent Williams four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
January 4, 2012: Washington Redskins suspension lifted.
December 6, 2011: Washington Redskins suspended 4 games (nfl substance abuse policy).

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Kentis said:
Hearing some interest from #Seahawks and #Vikings for a trade involving Stefon Diggs.
C
I hope we don't trade him. If we do, all those hopes for a great offense next year sorta go out the window. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Wetlander said:
@Kentis said:
C
I hope we don't trade him. If we do, all those hopes for a great offense next year sorta go out the window. 

I don't know why I can't get the quote to separate from what I wanted to say there...   Just build a decent oline for god's sake, you can find other guys to catch the ball. You've got Theilan, Johnson, Rudy, Smith, Dalvin, Matteson.  Lots of weapons already and a deep wr draft class, Diggs or no Diggs

Something has to happen with Reiff's contract, right? Sure wish there was something we could do with Barr's contract because he isn't worth $12.7MM per year IMO