Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Williams news

Oh...now...that sure would be nice. 

• [Image: Washington%20Redskins.png]
    The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns will "explore" a trade for Redskins LT Trent Williams.The same is true of impending free agent Jason Peters. The Browns have a massive need at left tackle, and new OL coach Bill Callahan had the same role in Washington from 2015-19. It remains to be seen how aggressive the Browns' new front office will be after the brief, reckless John Dorsey era, but they are certainly hoping to be competitive in 2020. Williams currently has just one year and $12.5 million left on his deal. He has said his trade pursuit is more about a change of scenery than new contract, though the latter still figures to be necessary.
    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: Cleveland Plain DealerMar 5, 2020, 8:36 PM ET
  • [*]

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Diggs in this thread yet, too obvious? B)

"Hey Trent.....Kirk......Howzit?"

Quote: @HappyViking said:
well,  I think that particular option has previously been exhausted.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
Personally, I wouldn't do that trade.  I'd much rather see the team draft a LT than get a 30 something, expensive vet.  Also, Diggs would stay a Viking.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
Personally, I wouldn't do that trade.  I'd much rather see the team draft a LT than get a 30 something, expensive vet.  Also, Diggs would stay a Viking.
I am of the same notion,  if the draft wasnt loaded with OT prospects I might be more inclined,  but its sounds like if we cant find a LT of the future in this draft... we should just fold the franchise.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
I am of the same notion,  if the draft wasnt loaded with OT prospects I might be more inclined,  but its sounds like if we cant find a LT of the future in this draft... we should just fold the franchise.
Hopefully the ghosts of daft day pasts of Steussie, Kalil, and McKinnie will no longer haunt us...

Quote:Hopefully the ghosts of daft day pasts of Steussie, Kalil, and McKinnie will no longer haunt us...
And just like that, when you mentioned his name: Steussie had a false start...at home