Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDN Mock Simulator
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I would seriously consider someone like a Hurts, depending on round and how the boards look at the time. I think Love and a few others are going to get over-drafted just cause of the position importance. 

I would deem it just good nfl practice to have a developmental guy around.  Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. 
Agree. But let's say you take Hurts in the 4th round. He might replace Browning. But you still need a QB2. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
I would seriously consider someone like a Hurts, depending on round and how the boards look at the time. I think Love and a few others are going to get over-drafted just cause of the position importance. 

I would deem it just good nfl practice to have a developmental guy around.  Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. 
Agree. But let's say you take Hurts in the 4th round. He might replace Browning. But you still need a QB2. 
did we hear a while back that the team really likes Browning?  is this because he runs the scout team really well and he doesnt drop the clipboard,  or do they really think he has potential as a starter or #2 some day?  Maybe its because he doenst have his own trademarked material,  or possibly Zim is big on how well he hands the ball off?

I messed up and went Claypool in the 4th,
even though I like him. I could have got better value if I went S or G in the 4th.
However, I am high on Samia as our LG 

• [Image: Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png]Minnesota Vikings
    USER PICK
    Josh Jones
    OT, Houston
    [Image: Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png]Minnesota Vikings
    USER PICK
    Ross Blacklock
    IDL, TCU
    USER PICK
    Bryce Hall
    CB, Virginia
    USER PICK
    Chase Claypool
    WR, Notre Dame
    USER PICK
    D.J. Wonnum
    EDGE, South Carolina
    USER PICK
    Francis Bernard
    LB, Utah
    USER PICK
    Shyheim Carter
    S, Alabama

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

did we hear a while back that the team really likes Browning?  is this because he runs the scout team really well and he doesnt drop the clipboard,  or do they really think he has potential as a starter or #2 some day?  Maybe its because he doenst have his own trademarked material,  or possibly Zim is big on how well he hands the ball off?
The bolded part. His ceiling is #3 on a two QB roster. Of course I think the same of Mannion.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

The bolded part. His ceiling is #3 on a two QB roster. Of course I think the same of Mannion.

That's the ceiling for both Browning and Mannion.  At least neither one cost us a draft pick.

Rolling with Samia at LG?

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
It'll be a damn good competition between Bartch and Samia. 

@FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
Bartch isn't replacing Reiff?

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
Bartch isn't replacing Reiff?
Nope, as I've said all along, I think maybe the best solution for the left side is to keep Reiff where he is, draft a LT who will play LG for a year (assuming Samia doesn't win the the job). Jones, Jackson, Cleveland, Bartch are all good candidates for that.