Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder For OL Prospects

He'd be a solid pick for us at 25. I like that he played a lot of guard at the Senior Bowl. I'm guessing teams wanted to see him there due to his arm length.

I think I might like Ben Bartch even more. He seems to move with better balance. And you can get him a round or two later. 

Its a deep group of tackles in this draft class and Walter Football (one of the best draft sites) has him as their 8th rated tackle. In their last draft blurb on him most front office folks have a 3rd round grade on him. He helped himself at the Senior Bowl and if he can carry that momentum into the combine I think he has a shot to go in the second round at some point

[Image: Houston_logo.gif]

Josh Jones, OT, Houston

Height: 6-7. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.25.
Projected Round (2020): 2-3.

1/13/20: Jones had a solid start to the season against Oklahoma, and some team sources say they like Jones' potential for the NFL.

Jones has good size with length, athleticism and agility. He is not overpowering, but he has some functional strength to manipulate and lean on defenders. Jones dropped weight prior to his senior year, which helped his conditioning but hurt his strength at the point of attack. There are some parts of Jones' technique that he could work to improve on for the pros, as sometimes he can bend a little at the waist, and in the NFL, it will hurt him to be sloppy by bending at the waist rather than the knee. In the 2020 NFL Draft, Jones looks like he could be a second-day pick. It might best for him to start out his career as a backup, but he has the ability to work his way into being a starting left tackle. Multiple team sources say they graded Jones in the third round.

#NFLCombine key measurements thread…

130. #Houston OT Joshua Jones

Height: 6-5
Weight: 319
Hand: 10 1/8
Arm: 33 7/8
Wingspan: 79 7/8

with all these receivers and all these LT,  and all these..... i have to think there is going to be some very good value in the 2nd round, especially early on.   would we better off trading out of the 25th spot with say Indy and picking up their 2 second rounders at 34 and 44?   we would likely have to kick back our 2nd rounder to balance it out some.  we would likely lose out on the tail end of the best players,  but would likely be able to grab 2-solid 2nd tier guys instead of a maybe tier 1B and a low tier 2 oe high tier 3 guy?

The Tackle class is top heavy. If one of the five is there, I pull the trigger. But if that's not the case, 34 & 44 gets me probably the best IOL and a damn good CB. Giddy up...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1243529264819036166
hes almost to quick to get his DE to the ground,  left the DE time to jump up and still make a play on the QB.

I'll take that problem