Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Mock: Vikings trade Stefon Diggs and then draft his brother

So many questions...first, more scouts think Gallimore is an NT with pass rushing upside than a true 3T. So that pick is likely not addressing either of the big holes on Defense.

Second, if Stefon is traded Minnesota is now counting on a Receiver who is past 30 and coming off of his first significant hamstring injury. Even if he stays 100% healthy he's going to get doubled on every play. Teams are going to dare Kubiak and Cousins to beat them with Bisi. And what? Treadwell? Doctson? Hollis?

The only way this works is if the Vikings nab Muti in the 2nd to play LG AND a Receiver the quality of Johnson from the Gophers or Ceephus from Wisconsin is available in the 3rd. AND I'd want another pick as well to potentially address Safety or to continue to build the Lines.

If, if, if you can tell me I'm getting Gallimore, Diggs, Muti and a WR that can Start from Day 1 plus another pick then yes, I do the deal. That's a whole lot of ifs, though.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
So many questions...first, more scouts think Gallimore is an NT with pass rushing upside than a true 3T. So that pick is likely not addressing either of the big holes on Defense.

Several sites I saw have recent mocks with Gallimore to the Vikes.  Are they reading Capers' influence into the pick?

No, they're just lazy and see that Joseph is a potential cap casualty and haven't done their homework to learn that Jaleel Johnson is the heir apparent at NT while the only possibility for 3T is Watts.

Honestly? I'm good with Gallimore and Watts. Neville has some decent pass rushing skills that frankly Linval has never had. And JJ to me is better as a depth guy.

Capers will bring some ideas to the table for sure. That was the point for hiring him. But I don't think his input will extend to what types of players to draft. I think it's more about how to be less vanilla when rushing 4, how to get more out of Barr, some hybrid looks, stuff like that. 

And I think that will help the pass rush, which is why I'm good with an upgrade over Joseph and the upside of Watts. They won't need to generate consistent interior pressure alone as I believe Dom will have some schemes that will help with that. And if Watts isn't producing you kick Gallimore over to 3T and plug JJ back in at NT.

I see Jaleel at the NT too...maybe Stephens...Watts might be the guy we are talking about next year as the d line version of Harris...at what point does the light come on for Holmes?