Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible changes to playoffs

I think they should leave it alone.  What makes the NFL great is every game is so meaningful.  Continuing to add more playoff teams takes away some of that and water downs the playoff field.  So last year the Rams and Steelers would have made it, two teams that didn't deserve it.  

Also only one team will get a bye, which I think is really unfair, as there is often not a big difference between the #1 and #2 teams.  

this is going to be very interesting to see how the NFLPA responds. Get your popcorn!

It's a precursor to going to an 8 team format...

You get a trip to the playoffs, and you get a trip to the playoffs...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Remind me what the core principal of this league is?  Anybody?  Anybody?  Bueller...? Wink

[Image: 0football%20helmet.jpg]

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Thats about right.  Why bother with anyone getting a bye.  Just make everyone start from a level playing field game-wise not counting home field advantages. 

Help me out, NFL and the players union, I have a question.  Is it all about player safety, concussions, CTE, degenerative osteoarthritis, et al, or is it about expanding the game internationally and lengthening the season to squeeze every last dime out of this turnip called the NFL fan?
Asking for a friend.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Help me out, NFL and the players union, I have a question.  Is it all about player safety, concussions, CTE, degenerative osteoarthritis, et al, or is it about expanding the game internationally and lengthening the season to squeeze every last dime out of this turnip called the NFL fan?
Asking for a friend.
YES...

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Asking for a friend.
Would that "Friend" happen to be in love with Lisa Simpson and as "unpossible" as it seems....fail English?

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
@Ralphie said:
Asking for a friend.
Would that "Friend" happen to be in love with Lisa Simpson and as "unpossible" as it seems....fail English?

Guilty as charged! Wink

Every time I see one of these phoney NFL puff-piece ads on how they're striving to make the game "safer" then force hundreds of players, coaches and staff to travel half way around the globe to shill their "product' in front of a bunch of foreigners, all the while screwing one of the teams fan bases out of a "home' game.  Or continuing this Thursday night nonsense of shorting teams adequate rest and prep time before their next game. 
But let's expand the season, have more international games, expand the number of playoff teams to allow in more NBA-type pretenders to bilk more $$$ from their fan bases, modify rules to favor offenses to artificially drive up scoring to keep the short-attention-span millenials from abandoning the NFL while nervously avoiding the fact that close to half of the franchises already have declining attendance by October.
But, hey, how do you like those snappy "Color Rush" uni's by the way, eh?  Eh?