Just Another Reason To Despise The Saints
Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
Then there is ARog saying there is only one god and it is himself
https://www.dailywire.com/news/aaron-rod...eport-says

I don't understand why Christians have a problem with what Rodgers said. It's just a difference in belief and there's a billion people in the world who agree with him. It really should have no impact on your faith or mine.

As much as I hate that dickbag, there's a huge difference between someone questioning, even mocking, religion and someone attempting to throw a cloak over rampant sexual abuse. 
The reason that a Christian would have a problem with it would be that he is- essentially- saying that Jesus' sacrificial death didn't matter... because God loves everyone and, therefore, everyone goes to "Heaven".  Jesus, Himself, said something quite different: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.  NO ONE comes to the Father, except through Me."  In other words, if a person thinks that they can believe whatever they want- and they will still go to "Heaven"- there's a pretty good chance that they won't (according to the Bible).  

Think of it like this: what would be the reaction if Rodgers said, "No one needs to get a vaccine, because a loving God would never let anyone get sick."  
If you want to know why Christianity is in such rapid decline, it's posts like this. Rodgers can believe whatever he wants and you really should be OK with that. 
If a person is not going to believe what Jesus said, then what would be the point of "being a Christian"?  Maybe the "rapid decline in Christianity" is because so many people have emptied of it's power by preaching a "gospel" other than the one God gave to us in His Word?

By the way, I'm simply answering your question (what you didn't "understand").  I guess you didn't really ask; so I apologize if I offended you by trying to help you understand why Christians might have a problem with it.  Like I said, telling people that there isn't a Hell (or that everyone goes to Heaven) is like telling people that no one ever needs a vaccine, because no one will ever get sick.  If you can imagine why THAT might be problematic (from a medical standpoint), then you can understand why Rodgers comments might be problematic from a theological viewpoint.  

PS: Please note that I didn't say a word until after you did.  So it's not like I was on some "crusade" to condemn the unbelievers.  You posed a query (of sorts) and I sought to answer it.
That you have a problem with non-believers...is kind of a problem. Does this woman go to your church? 

Quote: @greediron said:

Holy brother-of-Moses, Aaron!
(see what I did there?)

Odd take for Rodgers?.... with so many successful Hail Mary's?  

Luckily for Aaron, God's a beisbol guy, when it concerns Heaven/Hell.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:

I don't understand why Christians have a problem with what Rodgers said. It's just a difference in belief and there's a billion people in the world who agree with him. It really should have no impact on your faith or mine.

As much as I hate that dickbag, there's a huge difference between someone questioning, even mocking, religion and someone attempting to throw a cloak over rampant sexual abuse. 
The reason that a Christian would have a problem with it would be that he is- essentially- saying that Jesus' sacrificial death didn't matter... because God loves everyone and, therefore, everyone goes to "Heaven".  Jesus, Himself, said something quite different: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.  NO ONE comes to the Father, except through Me."  In other words, if a person thinks that they can believe whatever they want- and they will still go to "Heaven"- there's a pretty good chance that they won't (according to the Bible).  

Think of it like this: what would be the reaction if Rodgers said, "No one needs to get a vaccine, because a loving God would never let anyone get sick."  
If you want to know why Christianity is in such rapid decline, it's posts like this. Rodgers can believe whatever he wants and you really should be OK with that. 
If a person is not going to believe what Jesus said, then what would be the point of "being a Christian"?  Maybe the "rapid decline in Christianity" is because so many people have emptied of it's power by preaching a "gospel" other than the one God gave to us in His Word?

By the way, I'm simply answering your question (what you didn't "understand").  I guess you didn't really ask; so I apologize if I offended you by trying to help you understand why Christians might have a problem with it.  Like I said, telling people that there isn't a Hell (or that everyone goes to Heaven) is like telling people that no one ever needs a vaccine, because no one will ever get sick.  If you can imagine why THAT might be problematic (from a medical standpoint), then you can understand why Rodgers comments might be problematic from a theological viewpoint.  

PS: Please note that I didn't say a word until after you did.  So it's not like I was on some "crusade" to condemn the unbelievers.  You posed a query (of sorts) and I sought to answer it.
That you have a problem with non-believers...is kind of a problem. Does this woman go to your church? 

Wow.

WTF kinda post is that, MB?  Associating pumpf with that ugliness?  
Please re-post any post where pumpf has stated such vitriol.  

Ya know, I read all kindsa crazy left-wing diatribes, but I give fellow Vikefan/posters (even if liberal) the benefit of the doubt that they (lib Vikefan posters) aren't that nuts; and refuse to ascribe those kind of  posts towards them. 

Shame on you.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

https://youtu.be/_BJJAjcmKKY
The fact that you think "I" am the one who has a "problem" with unbelievers... shows your utter lack of understanding of the Bible, much less the Gospel.  I was under the assumption that you were a Christian, based on previous conversations that we've had.  My mistake.

Moved to ST for obvious reasons.

Does this woman go to your church? LMAO. She uses the mens bathroom for fucks sake...