Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tua Will Be Able To Throw Before The Draft
Quote: @Canthony said:
He is the definition of not being able to play out a season. That hip injury scares the hell out of me. He has the talent and should still go top 5-10
I'm with you 100%. Tua was a great college player, no doubt, but a serious hip injury is no joke. Plus, I hate using this as a reason to be cautious, but not a lot of successful left handed QB's in the NFL the last 5 years or so. This certainly could change with him but it does change blocking schemes. Lastly, on scale of competition, he was throwing to the best receiving corps I have ever seen in college football and that likely won't be the case in the NFL.

Joe Burrow had some good WRs too...

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@Canthony said:
He is the definition of not being able to play out a season. That hip injury scares the hell out of me. He has the talent and should still go top 5-10
I'm with you 100%. Tua was a great college player, no doubt, but a serious hip injury is no joke. Plus, I hate using this as a reason to be cautious, but not a lot of successful left handed QB's in the NFL the last 5 years or so. This certainly could change with him but it does change blocking schemes. Lastly, on scale of competition, he was throwing to the best receiving corps I have ever seen in college football and that likely won't be the case in the NFL.
He had the very best WRs no doubt. I actually like Tua better than Burrow. I will be very interested to see his game translate. He doesn't really do anything thats great. I can see him being a great college QB but just an OK NFL player. Trevor Lawrence IMO is the real deal and will translate to the NFL.  

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I think he's going #2 or more likely, #3. Detroit is in great position at #3. Miami is at #5 and will probably have to move up. Miami also has #26 this year...
Tua in Honolulu Blue is not something I'd like to see...

Agree that if his medicals are good, he's a top 10 pick. Vikings would have to be in love, assured about his hip and willing to make a KC like move to get him. That would be very unViking like. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:
I think he's going #2 or more likely, #3. Detroit is in great position at #3. Miami is at #5 and will probably have to move up. Miami also has #26 this year...

Agree that if his medicals are good, he's a top 10 pick. Vikings would have to be in love, assured about his hip and willing to make a KC like move to get him. That would be very unViking like. 
No matter how good his medicals come back, it is going to be hard to overlook that he's had 3 leg/lower body related injuries/surgeries in the past two years. If he fell to #26, sure. If he fell to #32 and you want your future QB on a 5 year deal, giddy up.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@pattersaur said:

No matter how good his medicals come back, it is going to be hard to overlook that he's had 3 leg/lower body related injuries/surgeries in the past two years.
Absolutely...

Just wild speculation at this point.

He's definitely going to set the 1st rd depending on where he goes.

He's the closest thing I've seen to Wilson in a while. And I luv me some Russell Wilson. I'm on-board with this mobile qb religion. 

If Hurts was available at the end of Day 2, that could scratch your mobile QB itch..

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
If Hurts was available at the end of Day 2, that could scratch your mobile QB itch..
True and I like Jalen too.

I'm not saying the next kid @ QB needs to be Lamar like. Hell, I'd settle for an improvement on pocket poise and movement...Just not at the expense of accuracy and decision making. 

And that would need to include better interior OL play of course. 

If we could marry Case's ability to buy time with Kirk's everything else, we'd be unstoppable.