Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the 25th pick in the 2020 draft....
Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
tua tagovailoa
We would have to get up to the top 10. Never going to happen. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
what do we get in return for Diggs?  I have a feeling he is gone.   Would the skins give up Trent Willams and a 5th?

That would be a trade I could live with. Then what do we do about glaring hole at WR lol 

trade down to 33 with a 6th and pick Jalen Hurts with a 4th.  use 2,3,3, and 4 on OT, DT, OG and LB

Quote: @Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
what do we get in return for Diggs?  I have a feeling he is gone.   Would the skins give up Trent Willams and a 5th?

That would be a trade I could live with. Then what do we do about glaring hole at WR lol 
We cant afford 2 high dollar receivers in a run first offense...(hell cant really justify cousins in a run first O since he is so unwilling to move. )
 I would say keep AT and then load up on later round receivers and hope that a few develop into cheap #2 and #3 options.  Bisi should improve and the team is high on Hollins wheels from what I hear.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
trade down to 33 with a 6th and pick Jalen Hurts with a 4th.  use 2,3,3, and 4 on OT, DT, OG and LB
I was just mentioning this the other day as I was getting into draft prep mode...  Hurts is intriguing to me.  

Mobile, poised in the pocket, can extend plays.  He's a winner wherever he goes and won a National Championship at Bama.

He was more a dual threat QB there, but looked more refined as a passer at Oklahoma.  I need to watch more of him because I'm only basing that on one game I saw earlier this year and then the Bowl game against LSU.

He could be a guy worth taking a flier on and he should be available Day 2.  I need to make some time to look into him more.

I love Diggs, but 4 catches in two playoff games isn't what you want from your #1 receiver. Therefore, I am proposing we trade Diggs to Arizona for #8 and take Ceedee Lamb. I think Lamb will be the best receiver coming out of the draft and then I think we should use the cap savings to sign AJ Green to a 3 year deal worth $10MM a year on average. Based on last years rookie salaries, Lamb will get around $4.6MM annually so the two of them would somewhat equal what Diggs' cap hit will be in 2020.

At pick 25 I say we take the best OT available. I'm a fan of trading/cutting Reiff and using that cap space to sign a guy like Brandon Scherff...assuming Elflein is cut as well. I think we can get creative with other guys who have large contracts next year (Griffen, Rhodes, & Linval) which can allow us to draft a taller corner in the second round while hopefully resigning Alexander. We all hate to see long term Vikes go, but unfortunately, I think a shakeup is needed.

The towering strength of the Vikings are the offensive skill positions. This is not a D first team anymore.

No other positional group is even close - ok, maybe LB's.

Why would we break-up that band vs building on what few, good blocks they got there???

Gotta go OL unless there is just one hell of a CB or 3t there @ 25. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:

We cant afford 2 high dollar receivers in a run first offense...(hell cant really justify cousins in a run first O since he is so unwilling to move. )
 I would say keep AT and then load up on later round receivers and hope that a few develop into cheap #2 and #3 options.  Bisi should improve and the team is high on Hollins wheels from what I hear.
Why wouldn't you choose to let Adam go then? He will be 31 to start the season (I believe) and Diggs is 25. You cant say he cant stay on the field. Adam was the only one to not be able to stay on the field this year. 

Didn't Philly try this format with WRs back in the 2000's and it just didn't work and they finally got TO?

Adam Thielen   #19 WR
Minnesota Vikings | Official Team Site
Height: 6-2   Weight: 200   Age: 29
Born: 8/22/1990 Detroit Lakes , MN
College: Minnesota State
Experience: 6th season
High School: Detroit Lakes HS 

Nope, he'll be 30
[Image: DIG218895.png]Stefon Diggs   #14 WR
Minnesota Vikings | Official Team Site
Height: 6-0   Weight: 191   Age: 26
Born: 11/29/1993 Alexandria , VA
College: Maryland
And Diggs is not 25 but 26. He also hasn't played a 16 games season yet, so your claim that you can no longer say that he can't stay on the field is not correct.

Trading either WR is simply bad management.