Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some contract management ideas

Yes, based on their cap numbers minus tolerable dead cap hit, I don't think it's any coincidence that those four are numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the Vikings salary list. I think the front office knew before the season began that all four would be gone this offseason. Other than Harris and maybe Bailey, I'm not sure about any of those resign targets though. 

6 mil? Wayne's is making $9 million on his 5th year deal right now. Most hot players coming off their 5th year deal see a pay increase through free agency.

6 million if he reaaaalllly wants to stay here. 

Harris could earn a contract more in the $12 million range...Waynes wants to be in Florida or California...

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
6 mil? Wayne's is making $9 million on his 5th year deal right now. Most hot players coming off their 5th year deal see a pay increase through free agency.

6 million if he reaaaalllly wants to stay here. 
The rest of the League has eyes and saw even Old Man Ginn easily getting past Trae. Hot is not the word I'd use to describe him.

Having said that, there's almost always a team that thinks they can turn around a talented underperformer.

Still baffles me why he took such a huge step backwards this year. He wasn't developing particularly fast, but he did improve every year until this past season.

Hot isn't a word i'd really describe him on the field either...

Free Agency is a different animal. Entering his 6th year, young, fast as hell... teams will throw down $10+ million a season short term just to outbid the next team and sell hype all offseason. I think he'll be on fire come free agency and he'll be priced way out of our ball park...

Logan Ryan, Bradley Roby, Ronald Darby, Darqueze Dennard, Eli Apple. If i'm wanting to make a splash at my CB postion in free agency, i think outside of Logan Ryan...  i'd probably pay Waynes extra just to not be stuck with any of those alternatives...  :p

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/TimBrownNFL/status/1...94149?s=19
Tim Brown is high.

Waynes is young, no issues, coming off a good year where he made $9 million.

You can take it to the bank his next contract will be at least $10/yr

Bailey and Harris are 100% must re-signs. Both deals have to happen, and I think they will. Anything short of that would be a giant failure on the part of the Vikings FO.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
Tim Brown is high.

Waynes is young, no issues, coming off a good year where he made $9 million.

You can take it to the bank his next contract will be at least $10/yr
What good year are you referring to? He was rated in the bottom third at his position. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Bailey and Harris are 100% must re-signs. Both deals have to happen, and I think they will. Anything short of that would be a giant failure on the part of the Vikings FO.
If you are resigning bailey you better pony up for Colquitt at the same time.

I think Ant and Colquitt followed by Bailey would be where I would start after doing what I can to land sherff.  I would be curious as to what Reiff would take in a pay cut and if he would be willing to kick inside to guard.