Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby Zim To Be New DC?
[Image: jFfJXKNL_bigger.jpg]
Multiple sources tell
@SiriusXMNFL that Adam Zimmer is a candidate to become next @Vikings defensive coordinator working under his dad Mike. Adam has served as MIN LBs coach the past 6 seasons & helped develop two good ones in Eric Kendricks & Anthony Barr

Actually makes sense, especially with Zim and Rick only under contract for the season.

I think Dre might be more qualified? But I wouldn't hate to see the kids of both Zimmer and Kubiak take over the coordinator roles. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think Dre might be more qualified? But I wouldn't hate to see the kids of both Zimmer and Kubiak take over the coordinator roles. 
Definitely more qualified.

Sigh. He's needs to be challenged. As in 'former Head Coach to bounce ideas off' challenged. Promoting his son seems to be the exact opposite of that.

'Play Zone against the Chiefs and never double team Hill or Kelce? Gee whizz, Dad. That's an awesome idea! Can I have my allowance now?'

Funny, Adam Zimmer was coaching back when Klint Kubiak was playing football. Funny how the dynamic really isn't much different for Klint/Gary, but the media narration is.

Adam has actually been coaching since 2006. He was the Saints' Linebacker Assistant from 06-09 and the Chiefs LB Assistant from 10-12.  Adam was also selected to coach the West team in the East-West Shrine Bowl this year.

Klint, the upcoming offensive mastermind
(thank god his Dad is on the staff! ), played Safety at Colorado State from 05-09. Klint was hired for his first NFL job by Vikings coordinator legend Bill Musgrave, here in 2013-2014 - Assistant WRs coach - where he worked with future NFL Hall of Famer Cordarrelle Patterson over their first 2 years.

I don't think it is a good look for the coaching staff if both Zimmer's and Kubiak's sons get promoted to coordinator positions.  For the defense, I am not sure it really matters as Zimmer is running the defense anyways, but for the offense, I really feel we need a fresh voice from the outside to take over.  Our play calling was really poor this season and I would have to think Kubiak was part of the game planning.  

At what  point is too much nepotism is counter productive?

Perhaps if Patton leaves, Speilman can promote one his children to Assistant GM

Quote: @FessVike said:
Perhaps if Patton leaves, Speilman can promote one his children to Assistant GM
Is it too late to be adopted by the Spielmans?