Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Astros GM and Manager suspended a year for cheating
@JeffPassan
· 56m
BREAKING: Houston Astros GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch have been suspended for one year after an MLB investigation found the team used technology to cheat during its World Series-winning 2017 season, sources familiar with the punishment tell ESPN.

??? Why wouldn't they kick them out of baseball? This was the freakin' World Series! 

How the Hell do you "Cheat" in baseball with technology? 

[Image: s-l300.jpg]

The big losers in all of this are the Dodgers and Yu Darvish.  Darvish didn't get past the 2nd inning in two starts.  I remember watching and thinking it was like they knew every pitch that was coming and now it turns out they did!  He has never been the same since.  

For the penalties to be this harsh, they must have some very concrete evidence, so my question is how are they still getting to keep their World Series title if it has been proven they cheated to win it.  

Update - They have both now been fired.

I don't know how you expect to get away with something like this considering how many people change teams.

Seriously - what were they doing? 
Some guy in the stands stealing signs from the catcher and relaying to coaches or hitter?

I hear their new logo is a trash can... Wink

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019/11/1...ans-video/

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Seriously - what were they doing? 
Some guy in the stands stealing signs from the catcher and relaying to coaches or hitter?
This is from an article I referenced when looking up info -

"At the beginning of the 2017 season, employees in the Astros’ video replay review room began using the live game feed from the center field camera to attempt to decode and transmit opposing teams’ sign sequences," Manfred wrote.
As the season went on, bench coach (now Red Sox manager) Alex Cora "began to call the replay review room on the replay phone to obtain the sign information."
Later, some Houston players "discussed that the team could improve on decoding opposing teams’ signs and communicating the signs to the batter. Cora arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros’ dugout."
"One or more players watched the live feed of the center field camera on the monitor, and after decoding the sign, a player would bang a nearby trash can with a bat to communicate the upcoming pitch type to the batter."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/astros/2020/01/13/astros-stealing-signs-penalties-jeff-luhnow-aj-hinch-suspended-year/4456644002/

THX Ralphie, Lori

Alex Cora of the Bosox will be looking for a job next.