Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game proves we need upgrades on oline
Game ball to Colquitt. 

And I don't think we saw anything today that we didn't already know.

Quote: @purpleloki said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
@purpleloki said:
This game proves we need upgrades in play calling and game plans.
I see your point, but with such horrible oline play would it matter? 
You call roll outs, draws and misdirection plays. How fucking hard is that?
Good point, but Niners LB speed might have negates those plays. But you make a strong point

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@purpleloki said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
@purpleloki said:
Good point, but Niners LB speed might have negates those plays. But you make a strong point
Beat me to it, couldn't get outside on Niners, they were too fast.

Quote: @purpleloki said:
@NorthernCalVike said:
@purpleloki said:

Look how the 49ers kept us off Garoppolo. They had him getting the ball out of his hand as soon as he caught the snap. They walked down the field with that on the first possession. It negated whatever rush we sent - 4 men or more. They picked up a crucial first down in their most obvious passing situation of the early game; anticipating a blitz and beating heavy pressure.  They threw a bad INT forcing that uptempo style against a 4 man rush... Then they started picking up the blitz... then they just ran the ball.

Contrast that to our offense. Cousins is constantly asked to hold the ball and dump it off to someone near the line of scrimmage. If they cover it, tough shit. We do it again. We've taken a situationally successful passing attack concept and made it the entire passing game. There literally is no "passing game" being opened up by the running game. Nothing is going behind the defense. No one is running across the field. No plays are seemingly designed to get the ball out of Kirk's hand quickly. No hot reads... no audibles. Conversely, we don't have an NFL passing game until the game is on the line - teams figured out we weren't even looking to press the ball down field and defenses reacted accordingly. 

One offense looked like it was run by the son of a NFL coaching legend and the other looked like it was run by a coaching Intern...