Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings To Open Talks With Cook
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Vikings plan to open extension talks with Dalvin Cook this offseason.This doesn't come as a surprise with Cook coming off career highs and entering the final year of his contract. Cook has struggled with injuries — he's yet to play a full season — and the Vikings invested a third-rounder in Alexander Mattison, but he's a strong candidate to be extended as the centerpiece of Minnesota's run first offense. Even in a down running back market, Cook could push for Ezekiel Elliott money (six years, $90 million).
SOURCE: NFL Network

At least his price went down a bit today.

Dalvin—tell you agent not to bring up today’s game.

He's not getting Zeke money...not when you consistently can't go 16 starts...

Awesome player. If the Vikings want to prioritize him, fine. But who's getting cut then?

We have lots of vets and FAs. A roster churn is probably overdue. If we pay Cook big time but let a lot of other guys go then I guess I'm okay with that. If Brez works his magic and the Vikings plan is to bring the band back together for the next 3 years then I'm not ok with that.

I'm starting to wonder if they are going to let Harris walk...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Agreed. Which is funny because he's the one guy they should keep.

Linval, XR, EG...

Big names, big $$ - past their primes...

Can they play roles next year here? Sure they can, not at current $ though. See if they can extend KC to a team friendlier deal too. 

Damn, this is an important off-season. I'm on board with FSU - double down on OL and fill D holes where you can afterwards. 

Cowboys are a prime example of overpaying for a running back. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I hope not, but there will be some tough decisions to make this off-season.