Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what are your game day plans tomorrow?
you going to a bar? a huge watch party? Hiding out in your den or man/woman cave? Me, just a simple BBQ with my wife and boys. In the olden days i would typically go to a raucus bar and get buzzed. Smoking heaters nervously. But now, quit smoking and have mellowed like a fine wine. Well, my wife says im not mellow while watching the Vikings. But she never saw how I was back in the day!! Ha! 

I plan on celebrating a big win all day long with my brother!  I always prefer to watch at home, do not like going anywhere where there may be the chance of anyone not rooting for the Vikes and where I am not guaranteed a seat right in front of the TV!

Staying at home with family.  The NDSU (Fargo) Bison are playing at 11:00 (Central time), and the Vikes are on afterwards.  My son and his family moved back to Fargo from Sioux Falls and have moved in with the "Empy Nesters" until their house is finished being built.
My son, his wife, and kids are all Viking fans.  My grandson is 6, and gets so pissed when the Vikes are losing he starts crying.  =)

I've tried to warn him about how good SF is, but that just doesn't register with him.  He just says "Go Vikes - Skol!".
High tomorrow is 0°F; we're not anywhere for the games.   Homemade pizzas and plenty of beer and football.  Not a bad plan at all.

Go Bison, Skol Vikings!

going to the bar lot viking fans here in nw montana

prayers....lot of prayers

What, you're not going to be at the game?

I can't do watch parties. I'll be watching at home with my Minnesota twins. Baby girl has a vintage Vikings sweater I bought for my (now ex) wife at Ragstock about a hundred years ago. Boy has a Barr jersey. 

I still wear my old Robert Smith jersey. We have a Gjallarhorn whose mouthpiece smells way "too much like beer, daddy!" by the 3rd quarter. We do the Skol chant and sing Skol Vikings after every score.

It's fun. I love watching with my kids. I trust them. They get me. I can't watch with anyone else. "What, you want to talk about the weather? Did you not just see Diggs catching that pass for a first down?" "Fuck you. Get out. Get out now. I'll call you an Uber." That's what I'm thinking inside when I actually say..."yeah, warm for January."

I've allowed a date to watch two Viking games with me. Last one was the Green Bay week 16 game. Time before was the Philly championship game. So, no, that won't be happening again either. 

[Image: 0hg3ho2vm8e4.jpeg]

Quote: @Ilovebigtd's said:
hey bro j just inboxed you the info of the viking watch party to you 
thanks!!! ill see if i can get my wife her hiney and have some fun with fellow Viking fans!!!

Quote: @HappyViking said: Lo
Staying at home with family.  The NDSU (Fargo) Bison are playing at 11:00 (Central time), and the Vikes are on afterwards.  My son and his family moved back to Fargo from Sioux Falls and have moved in with the "Empy Nesters" until their house is finished being built.
My son, his wife, and kids are all Viking fans.  My grandson is 6, and gets so pissed when the Vikes are losing he starts crying.  =)

I've tried to warn him about how good SF is, but that just doesn't register with him.  He just says "Go Vikes - Skol!".
High tomorrow is 0°F; we're not anywhere for the games.   Homemade pizzas and plenty of beer and football.  Not a bad plan at all.

Go Bison, Skol Vikings!
GO Bison!!! ill keep an eye open for the results! Hope your a happy man!!! And good god man, 0 degrees???? Do you get flat sided tires in that temp?? you plug your car in to keep engine warm? Do you worry about the Bigfoots in your state freezing??? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
What, you're not going to be at the game?

I can't do watch parties. I'll be watching at home with my Minnesota twins. Baby girl has a vintage Vikings sweater I bought for my (now ex) wife at Ragstock about a hundred years ago. Boy has a Barr jersey. 

I still wear my old Robert Smith jersey. We have a Gjallarhorn whose mouthpiece smells way "too much like beer, daddy!" by the 3rd quarter. We do the Skol chant and sing Skol Vikings after every score.

It's fun. I love watching with my kids. I trust them. They get me. I can't watch with anyone else. "What, you want to talk about the weather? Did you not just see Diggs catching that pass for a first down?" "Fuck you. Get out. Get out now. I'll call you an Uber." That's what I'm thinking inside when I actually say..."yeah, warm for January."

I've allowed a date to watch two Viking games with me. Last one was the Green Bay week 16 game. Time before was the Philly championship game. So, no, that won't be happening again either. 

[Image: 0hg3ho2vm8e4.jpeg]
getting to that stadium would be a nightmare! Used to ok when they were at Candle Stick, only about 45 minutes if I left early. Now that they are in Santa Clara it could take hours aith traffic, and forget about getting out of the stadium after the game ! FYI, many Niner fans are still pissed that they built it there. 

I had one of those sweaters !