Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Neil Peart
Sad... The best drummer that I have ever seen. Was able to see them three times in their prime and they always rocked. RIP.

Solo

Very sad. Next time my bandmates and I play Working Man it will be with heavy hearts Sad

And somehow, Keith Richards is still alive.

No one could lay down beats like Neil. Great songwriter as well.  Alot of tragedy in his life. 

wow, that sucks!! Changed the way drums were used i. rock. A true rock legend lost . Btw, anyone know who one of his big influences were back in the 70’s? None other than the drummer from Genesis, Phil Collins:
http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/transcripts/20110400rhythm.htm

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
And somehow, Keith Richards is still alive.
Gotta live blood transfusions!! 

my favorite drummer . glad i them in concert multiple times. Will drink a toast of the macallan to him on my next cycle trip. GS ofcourse.

and lets be honest, he had the GREATEST drum kit EVER!!! The fact that he could manouver around with perfection is just mind blowing. I was in awe of his skills. 

To plagarize the famous New Orleans newspaper headline:

Expletive
Expletive
Expletive.

Brain cancer.. that is too damn cruel.  That's how his first wife died.

Here's a "reaction" video of two guys called Lost In Vegas hearing La Villa Strangiato for the first time.  They'd already done (and liked) YYZ, Working Man, The Spirit Of Radio, and 2112, but their comments here are both insightful and hilarious (watch George at the 15 minute mark) as to the appeal and influence of Rush.

&t=1208s