Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownies meeting w/Stefanski today...
Quote: @Vikergirl said:
Maybe Cleveland is trying to correct a mistake.

They would have to go back 20 years and leave the NFL without a team in Sadsackville

Forcing Lerner to sell would be a good start.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
so the niner DC will be motivated tomorrow to show the browns he is better than stefanksi.
And vice versa perhaps. I find it fascinating that Stefanski is going after the same job again.
He was interviewing.  Doesn't really mean he was going after it.  Lots of reasons to interview when you are called.

Don't want to get a reputation of playing too hard to get on your first go round.  Don't burn bridges in front of you.
but you also dont want to get saddled with a no win situation in your first go round either,  or you might not get a second chance.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:
so the niner DC will be motivated tomorrow to show the browns he is better than stefanksi.
And vice versa perhaps. I find it fascinating that Stefanski is going after the same job again.
He was interviewing.  Doesn't really mean he was going after it.  Lots of reasons to interview when you are called.

Don't want to get a reputation of playing too hard to get on your first go round.  Don't burn bridges in front of you.
but you also dont want to get saddled with a no win situation in your first go round either,  or you might not get a second chance.

Doesn't mean he has to take the job.  But you don't refuse the interview. 

[Image: image_bigger.jpg]
Mort tells us
@680TheFan he expects Browns & Josh McDaniels announcement probably comes by end of the day. @mortreport

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@BigAl99 said:
@greediron said:
@Vikergirl said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Doesn't mean he has to take the job.  But you don't refuse the interview. 
i think it really depends on the situation.   if you are sitting at home then no,  you do the interview.  if you are still coaching and arent interested in the job IMO you wouldnt get dinged for saying thank you for your consideration,  but I am committed to this team until the season is over and wouldnt want to have the distraction at this time.  

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: image_bigger.jpg]
Mort tells us
@680TheFan he expects Browns & Josh McDaniels announcement probably comes by end of the day. @mortreport
Reading some other reports, it sounds like McDaniels really wants this job.  He's had his eye on it for the past couple years and it hasn't worked out.  Hopefully the rumors are true and we are locked in with Stefanski for another season as OC.  I'd love to see some continuity for the Vikings offense...

[Image: NewEngland%20Patriots.png]
ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Patriots OC Josh McDaniels or Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski will be Cleveland’s next coach.Fowler added that the Browns entered their search with an open mind and wanted to interview everyone before making a decision. A previous report indicated that Bills OC Brian Daboll was also a finalist. It appears a decision is close to being made. Perhaps McDaniels is the favorite considering he and his wife were flown into Cleveland by Browns brass Friday, a sign the two sides could be close to hammering out a deal.
RELATED: 

Paul Allen addressed the interview with KS today on Florio's show. The Browns interviewed him after practice was over on Thursday....e said that Zimmer was fine with it as the game plan was firmly settled on.

That said, I think Cleveland announces Josh McDanials yet today as their new head coach.

Hmm... Twitter Browns reporters are saying McDaniels interview lasted 7 hrs =), but he just left the facility... presumably without a deal Confused