Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting winner picks by the sports media
I'm seeing almost consensus on picking the Chiefs and Ravens to win, but I'm also seeing about 30% picking the Vikings and about 70% picking the Seahawks. Interesting. Green Bay is getting slammed as a potential fraud with their record and Minnesota is getting viewed by some as a Superbowl darkhorse. 

Who knows what's to come, but it should be fun. Divisional playoff football, let's go get it!!

[Image: tenor.gif]

Green Bay is the worst 13-3 team in NFL history.

I'm not as confident in this game as I was against the Saints, but we can win it if we can run the ball. 

https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status/...34016?s=20

That is crazy, MB.

My expectations were not high for the playoffs. I want to enjoy my Saturday so I haven't changed them.

But yeah, I'm seeing more pick the Vikings than I would have expected.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...41440?s=20

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
That is crazy, MB.
It's against the spread, but even so....a couple of them picked the Vikings to win outright.

There's no doubt we match their talent, but my God, I sure wish THREE of our sub package DBs weren't out and our star receiver hobbled, and we didn't have to travel 2,000 miles on a short week. Zimmer always talks about how important it is to have a good week of practice. With Thielen getting hurt, the Stefanski distraction, Diggs sick, I doubt it was possible this week. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I'm seeing almost consensus on picking the Chiefs and Ravens to win, but I'm also seeing about 30% picking the Vikings and about 70% picking the Seahawks. Interesting. Green Bay is getting slammed as a potential fraud with their record and Minnesota is getting viewed by some as a Superbowl darkhorse. 

Who knows what's to come, but it should be fun. Divisional playoff football, let's go get it!!

[Image: tenor.gif]

Well, maybe the media is starting to figure out that Green Bay isn't as good as their record indicates.  Their point differential (+63) for the regular season is more indicative of a 9-10 win team.  That said, Seattle also set a record for most wins by 7 points or less in a single season...

I think the Green Bay / Seattle game will be a close game, much like all their games have been this year.  Wilson is playing better than Rodgers, but without Carson and Penny...  Green Bay definitely has an advantage on the ground.  Should be a dog fight.

As far as the Vikings game, I'm not ready to buy-in 100%.  San Francisco is a good team and their defense can cause some issues for our offense.  I honestly don't know what to expect.  What you can expect is I'll be cheering my ass off for the Vikings on Saturday.

BOOM

What you can expect is for superstitious me to pick the 49'ers 33/18 over the Vikings just like I did picking the Saints. 

I have a gut feeling about this post-season. 

Gonna leave it at that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
That is crazy, MB.
It's against the spread, but even so....a couple of them picked the Vikings to win outright.

There's no doubt we match their talent, but my God, I sure wish THREE of our sub package DBs weren't out and our star receiver hobbled, and we didn't have to travel 2,000 miles on a short week. Zimmer always talks about how important it is to have a good week of practice. With Thielen getting hurt, the Stefanski distraction, Diggs sick, I doubt it was possible this week. 
Ah, come on, what could possibly go wrong for our Vikings?  Wink

I actually feel much more confident in a win this week than I did last week.  The big thing for me in the playoffs is experience, because it is a different level of intensity and I feel we have much more experience than they do in that way.  I hear a lot about how great their defense is, but we just held the Saints to 20 and they had scored 46 on the 49ers, two weeks before that they gave up 31 to a Rams offense that had been struggling.  If Thielen and Diggs can play, I think we will score on them and I think our defense can keep them minimized.  

Literally the only name I recognized among the 8 "picking" is La Cantora. Maybe I'm out of touch. :/