Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You Like That" Rallying Cry
Every year in the playoffs i look at teams that have some sort of rallying point that makes them coalesce even more as a team.  When NO won the SB, it was the hurricane.  Sometimes it is around a particular player, most likely a QB, who is disrespected (Foles) or close to retiring (Manning with Denver, Bettis with Steelers).  Sometimes it can be the entire offense or defense that has created an identity of its own.

Having seem the locker room after the Saints game, I just wonder whether the Vikings can coalesce and be elevated by the "You Like That" moment.  I think that can be a powerful element going forward. 

I think players need a reason/ rallying cry sometimes. Why not Cousins being disrespected?

"Ya Like That" - I do.

On paper there's a lot of good matchups.

It all gets sorted out on the field Sunday. 

Great minds something something...  Wink B)
 Vikings have been waiting for a “You like that”Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins tried to shrug it off, made sure to say last week’s game ball was simply the outcome of a process, which opened the door for the next one.
But for his teammates, hearing their oft-criticized leader come out with his joyous “You Like That?” in the postgame locker room after beating the Saints was something they’ve been angling for all year.
“It was nuts because we were all baiting him to say that,” defensive lineman Ifeadi Odenigbo (All Vowels™️) said, via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “It was like, ‘Hey man, what are you going to say?’ The fact that he said that was excellent timing.”
Cousins created his own catch phrase in 2015 when he was with Washington, but he hasn’t gone to that well often since joining the Vikings. But after a road win in overtime in the playoffs, it was the appropriate time.
“When he said, ‘You Like That!’ we were all just screaming and going crazy,” tight end Irv Smith Jr. said.
Of course, winning the game in the fashion they just had set the stage for the flow of emotion, and it’s clearly the kind of thing the Vikings are ready to hear more of.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/vikings-have-been-waiting-for-a-you-like-that/

Watch Diggs face. He's a diva but he was All In on Kirk at that moment. It's clear his teammates respect and respond to him.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
"Ya Like That" - I do.

On paper there's a lot of good matchups.

It all gets sorted out on the field Sunday. 
uhm.... we play saturday.

Quote: @Kentis said:
Great minds something something...  Wink B)
 Vikings have been waiting for a “You like that”
Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins tried to shrug it off, made sure to say last week’s game ball was simply the outcome of a process, which opened the door for the next one.
But for his teammates, hearing their oft-criticized leader come out with his joyous “You Like That?” in the postgame locker room after beating the Saints was something they’ve been angling for all year.
“It was nuts because we were all baiting him to say that,” defensive lineman Ifeadi Odenigbo (All Vowels™️) said, via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “It was like, ‘Hey man, what are you going to say?’ The fact that he said that was excellent timing.”
Cousins created his own catch phrase in 2015 when he was with Washington, but he hasn’t gone to that well often since joining the Vikings. But after a road win in overtime in the playoffs, it was the appropriate time.
“When he said, ‘You Like That!’ we were all just screaming and going crazy,” tight end Irv Smith Jr. said.
Of course, winning the game in the fashion they just had set the stage for the flow of emotion, and it’s clearly the kind of thing the Vikings are ready to hear more of.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/08/vikings-have-been-waiting-for-a-you-like-that/

I am more into Cook and others saying "That's one." after the win.  Good to have a rally cry, but this team needs to stay focused and realize 1 big win doesn't end the job.

It was a cool moment. I also like when Everson goes if you want it, go get it. 

The thing about "You Like That" is that it applies to so much more than Cousins -- you can hear Zimmer saying that after a week of conjecture about him being traded to Dallas; you can hear the whole team saying that after the national media gave them no chance to win.  It really wraps the whole underdog aspect of this team together.  That is why I think it may truly be meaningful.

I still love "you like dat?" even more...I want me a tee shirt with dat on it!!!

This is what the crack Marketing @ Eagan came up with the eve of post-season.

My wife asked me if I wanted one? I told her don't you dare. 

[Image: VIKGMT8044_grande.jpg?v=1577647029]