Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Where Credit Is Due
Mike Zimmer.

Holding the Saints to 20 points, half of what they've been putting up recently, was masterful. When we went big nickel, I expected Kearse not Sendejo. Mike Thomas was a non factor. Cam Jordan was a non factor (maybe keep your yap shut?). We didn't fold after the early fumble. 

And of course, Kirk Cousins 

[Image: rpGNmKDQ_normal.jpg]Rob Parker [Image: verified.gif]@RobParkerFS1
It’s so quiet on Bourbon Street right now that you can hear a mouse urinate on a half-eaten Po-Boy.
1:31 PM - 5 Jan 2020 from Los Angeles, CA
[Image: detail_reply.gif][Image: detail_rt.gif][Image: detail_heart.gif][Image: detail_actions.png]

B)  B)   B)

The smartest move was when Zimmer moved Griffin and Hunter inside against the Saint's weak guards.

Quote: @Kentis said:
[Image: rpGNmKDQ_normal.jpg]
Rob Parker [Image: verified.gif]@RobParkerFS1
It’s so quiet on Bourbon Street right now that you can hear a mouse urinate on a half-eaten Po-Boy.
1:31 PM - 5 Jan 2020 from Los Angeles, CA
[Image: detail_reply.gif][Image: detail_rt.gif][Image: detail_heart.gif][Image: detail_actions.png]

B)  B)   B)
Yup.  Hookers probably giving 2 fer 1's...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Mike Zimmer.

Holding the Saints to 20 points, half of what they've been putting up recently, was masterful. When we went big nickel, I expected Kearse not Sendejo. Mike Thomas was a non factor. Cam Jordan was a non factor (maybe keep your yap shut?). We didn't fold after the early fumble. 
Yep...a lot of kudos to go around. Cousins, Hunter, Griffen, Thielen, Cook...but IMO the MVP in this game was Mike Zimmer. Kamara non factor. Thomas non factor. Jared Cook non factor. Saints had to resort to trickery with Taysom to generate any offense at all.

Sendejo playing the slot in the big nickel package was a big surprise. It was not a move that I expected to work, but he pulled it off. I also noticed that they matched up Barr on Thomas with a safety over the top several times. They did a good job of adapting to play without two corners, plus Rhodes and Waynes were banged up too. I'm not sure what Alexander's timeline is, but I hope we get him back next week.

Yep. Who dat got outcoached this game?? Who dat?

The master play caller was reduced to a masturbator. Great to shutdown that arrogant bastard!

The Saints were clearly focused on taking away Diggs and forcing Thielen to beat them through the air. He got off to a rocky start with the fumble, but he got stronger as the game wore on and finally started to look like himself for the first time since the hamstring injury. Having Thielen back contributing is huge, since Diggs had to carry the receiving game for the bulk of the season.

I do wonder about some of Stefanski's play-calling. The attempted end-around pass play was an early drive killer and late in the game the Saints were sitting on outside runs, which resulted in a couple big losses in yards. I get that outside running is the offense's strength, but those were risky calls when the offense needed to close out the game.