Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidbits on Cook
Quote: @HappyViking said:
I think Boone and Mattison would be fine, if Cook can't play.  They both can get the job done, but neither would be the "explosive" back like a healthy Cook is.
The straw that stirs this Viking offense isn't the RBs anymore; it's KC.  Having a running game that's good enough to make the play action effective can do the job.  The receiving threats of a healthy AT, Diggs, Bisi, Rudy, and Smith, are all proven targets for Kirk, if he has time to find them.
Just hope Mattison will heal up, and play effectively while Cook is out.

Agree the offense and really our season runs through the hands of Kirk Cousins and the OL's ability to block for him and our RBs. 

It has been pointed out that Dalvin hasn't run the ball very effectively in the past 4 games. And it is true he hasn't had a run longer than 9 yards since the Dallas game. But he also hasn't had many attempts during the last 4. He averaged 10 rushes in 3 of the 4 and had 18 in the other.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I think Boone and Mattison would be fine, if Cook can't play.  They both can get the job done, but neither would be the "explosive" back like a healthy Cook is.
The straw that stirs this Viking offense isn't the RBs anymore; it's KC.  Having a running game that's good enough to make the play action effective can do the job.  The receiving threats of a healthy AT, Diggs, Bisi, Rudy, and Smith, are all proven targets for Kirk, if he has time to find them.
I heard today that Mattison is a high ankle sprain and could be out himself for a few weeks (until playoffs)  so heres to Boone and Abdullah,  with extra Ham.

I think not having Cook on Monday night is the difference between winning and losing...REally makes things that much easier for the Packer D and that much more difficult on KC and the OL too. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:
I heard today that Mattison is a high ankle sprain and could be out himself for a few weeks (until playoffs)  so heres to Boone and Abdullah,  with extra Ham.
Crap, this is the only Mattison update I've heard.  Too bad that both Cook and Mattison go down at the same time, crazy.
Looks like it's Boone's time to shine - SKOL!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I think not having Cook on Monday night is the difference between winning and losing...REally makes things that much easier for the Packer D and that much more difficult on KC and the OL too. 
Boone will be getting all the practice reps, so he'll be ready. Abdullah is a vet and has speed. Hammer is a great utility knife. Vikings are in a good situation considering being down their top 2 RBs.