Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidbits on Cook
:'(

all i know is that cook is a stud, I want him at full strength in the playoffs, and completely unconcerned about his future status on this team. We have a SB to win this year; fuck worrying about next year etc. Good God stay in the present!! We have a MNF game with GB !!!!!

i say we can win the next two games without Cook and have him primed for our first PO game

Quote: @medaille said:
@mjollnir_k said:
Central is still on the line with a 1st round bye.  Even if we know we are in the playoffs we want this win and to pull for the Lions on the 29th.
Central?  Can I borrow your time machine?
If you have not figured out I am as old school as they come.  NORTH

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
Cook update....
Well, fast-forward to halftime of tonight’s Monday Night Football game and ESPN’s Adam Schefter was singing a much-different tune. He’s not expecting Cook back during the regular season.
https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/minnes...ury-update
I believe this more than I believe what Zimmer is preaching...Vikings need Rams to lose Saturday and they're pretty much assured the coveted wildcard road to the SB. 

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I would love to keep Cook but I hate when they say the Vikings offense goes through Cook. 
After Peterson left I didn't want to see a running back offense where the opposing team loads the box and stuffs us.  I prefer the offense that has developed with Cook and Thielen injured and that is this multi-headed offense with Rudy, Diggs, Ham, Mattison, Cook (when healthy), Adam (when healthy), Smith Jr., Bisi, etc.  Pick your poison and when you do we are going to come at you with someone else.
It seems like Cook was very effective in the first quarter of the season when he would get to the edge and streak up the side lines or hit the cracks in the defense.  Like one poster said, in the last 3-4 games he seems more limited with teams loading up in the box.
I still would like to keep him but it boils down to money and I understand that it might be better to go with Mattison and another, cheaper, explosive back.
but it does go through Dalvin. However, it's different than in the AP/1,000,000 Viking QB era.

The result is not 35 carries, 140 yards and limit Ponders pass attempts - but instead some of the best play action, downfield game, keep the defense on its heels the NFL has this season. 

Night and day difference. 

Losing Cook imo is bigger than losing Thielen. 

Dalvin is the man and one of the legit difference-makers on this team every week. Hopefully he gets well soon. The Vikings won't go nearly as far without him.

Lots of teams banged up right now. Vikings are relatively healthy and their RB stable is DEEEEEP. 

I think Boone and Mattison would be fine, if Cook can't play.  They both can get the job done, but neither would be the "explosive" back like a healthy Cook is.
The straw that stirs this Viking offense isn't the RBs anymore; it's KC.  Having a running game that's good enough to make the play action effective can do the job.  The receiving threats of a healthy AT, Diggs, Bisi, Rudy, and Smith, are all proven targets for Kirk, if he has time to find them.
Just hope Mattison will heal up, and play effectively while Cook is out.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Based on Cook's durability, and Mattison's performance, we need to move closer to a 60/40 or 55/45 split...Cook can't take the punishment with his violent running style...

You mean the one where he runs out of bounds half the time?  I haven't seen someone run out of bounds so willingly since Robert Smith.