Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thielen Back At Practice
[Image: Minnesota%20Vikings_0.png]
Adam Thielen (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.Barring a setback in practice this week, Thielen's expected to return to the lineup on Sunday against the Chargers. Kyle Rudolph and Olabisi Johnson have been Thielen's direct beneficiaries in Minnesota's last four games but will likely see their roles diminished completely if the latter is healthy and ready to go. Consider Thielen a high-end WR3 in his first game back since Week 9.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Adam Thielen (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.Barring a setback in practice this week, Thielen's expected to return to the lineup on Sunday against the Chargers. Kyle Rudolph and Olabisi Johnson have been Thielen's direct beneficiaries in Minnesota's last four games but will likely see their roles diminished completely if the latter is healthy and ready to go. Consider Thielen a high-end WR3 in his first game back since Week 9.
Great news, just go easy, Adam.

Really need him back for this game...and beyond. This Charger team scares the hell outta me. This was a team many picked to go to the Super Bowl. In terms of roster talent, they're right up there with the best. Lost all 8 games by one score. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot, they will be really hard to beat. 

And need him back this game to get him back in game shape for gb and Chicago.  Gonna take a game or two for him to trust his hammy and work back into rhythm with the offense.

Exciting tho, we have a significant change to our offense this late in the year, could be explosive.

Quote:Consider Thielen a high-end WR3 in his first game back since Week 9.
Schefter's tweet from earlier: "Thielen is expected to return to the lineup Sunday against the Chargers
after missing the past four games due to a hamstring injury
"

Most of last seven games!!  I understand that he's 'credited' as playing at KC, but it was just a couple plays.  For some reason it bothers me that they're not saying he's missed more than half the season because he hasn't really played since the first quarter of week 7.  Stupid to get get miffed over, I know. :p

Regardless, I'll be glad to see him out there performing; catching those clutch third down passes and hopefully helping to loosen up the run D.

How important is Thielen?

He still has more TDs than Diggs...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Great news, just go easy, Adam.

Really need him back for this game...and beyond. This Charger team scares the hell outta me. This was a team many picked to go to the Super Bowl. In terms of roster talent, they're right up there with the best. Lost all 8 games by one score. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot, they will be really hard to beat. 
Yep, the Chargers beat both Chicago & Green Bay...

It is worse than that.  

Thielen has 6 tds.  Diggs has 5.

Diggs has only 1 in games Thielen hasn’t played in.  He has suffered without having Thielen drawing the coverage.  

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

It is worse than that.  

Thielen has 6 tds.  Diggs has 5.

Diggs has only 1 in games Thielen hasn’t played in.  He has suffered without having Thielen drawing the coverage.  
Pretty sure he blew up for a few games after Thielen went out.  Don't remember for sure and to lazy to look it up.

Thielen is much more of a red zone target than Diggs. It's why Rudy's stats go up when Thielen's down instead of Diggs. In all honesty, I'd be curious to find out---salaries equal, how many teams in the NFL who would take Thielen over Diggs? There might actually be a few. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Thielen is much more of a red zone target than Diggs. It's why Rudy's stats go up when Thielen's down instead of Diggs. In all honesty, I'd be curious to find out---salaries equal, how many teams in the NFL who would take Thielen over Diggs? There might actually be a few. 
I would. Both are fast with great hands but aside from this year Thielen has been much more durable and reliable.