Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Sloter now a Lion
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
I am definitely not visiting this site if he comes off the bench for the Lions and torches the Vikings..........
That would not surprise me. Kid's a gamer. And I would much rather play the other guy. But everyone's forgetting the real problem here. Sloter spent two years on this team. He know's the offense and the defense.
LOL.....c'mon now.......

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
I am definitely not visiting this site if he comes off the bench for the Lions and torches the Vikings..........
That would not surprise me. Kid's a gamer. And I would much rather play the other guy. But everyone's forgetting the real problem here. Sloter spent two years on this team. He know's the offense and the defense.
LOL.....c'mon now.......
What? Yes, I would rather play Blough and it's not close. Secondly, Sloter was on this team for two years, had a full training camp in this offense. He's going to know things about play calls and route depths and tendencies and tells on both sides of the ball. It's not like this is a position player. It's a QB. I'm not talking about how that will advantage him in a game, because he won't play unless Blough is hurt, but he is, right now, the featured speaker in meeting rooms downloading the Lions on what we do and the way we do it. If you don't think that's the case, you're being naive. Will it make a difference? I doubt it. Not at home against a team who can't stop anyone. But that's not the point. 

@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
LOL.....c'mon now.......
What? Yes, I would rather play Blough and it's not close. Secondly, Sloter was on this team for two years, had a full training camp in this offense. He's going to know things about play calls and route depths and tendencies and tells on both sides of the ball. It's not like this is a position player. It's a QB. I'm not talking about how that will advantage him in a game, because he won't play unless Blough is hurt, but he is, right now, the featured speaker in meeting rooms downloading the Lions on what we do and the way we do it. If you don't think that's the case, you're being naive. Will it make a difference? I doubt it. Not at home against a team who can't stop anyone. But that's not the point. 
You might be overestimating his photographic memory.  Yes, there is some advantage with him having been in the system for this offseason.  But it wasn't 2 years, this was a new offense (that has changed and grown over the year) and sloter wasn't exactly a student of the game from most accounts.  My above comment was in jest, but seriously if he had a firm enough grasp on the offense to share it with the Lions 4 months later (and with several stops inbetween) then he probably would have stuck with our team.
a third stringer that finally got signed in December with all the QB injuries that have happened really doesn't strike me as a "gamer". 

Quote: @greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
LOL.....c'mon now.......
You might be overestimating his photographic memory.  Yes, there is some advantage with him having been in the system for this offseason.  But it wasn't 2 years, this was a new offense (that has changed and grown over the year) and sloter wasn't exactly a student of the game from most accounts.  My above comment was in jest, but seriously if he had a firm enough grasp on the offense to share it with the Lions 4 months later (and with several stops inbetween) then he probably would have stuck with our team.
a third stringer that finally got signed in December with all the QB injuries that have happened really doesn't strike me as a "gamer". 
I think you're underestimating how well a QB has to know the playbook. And remember, the 3rd QB runs the scout team. That means he practiced against our starting defense every day for two years. Yes, this topic of conversation has been given about 30 times the ink it deserves, but don't think that means nothing. 

I am more concerned with RW picking apart our secondary. 

@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@VikingOracle said:
LOL.....c'mon now.......
I think you're underestimating how well a QB has to know the playbook. And remember, the 3rd QB runs the scout team. That means he practiced against our starting defense every day for two years. Yes, this topic of conversation has been given about 30 times the ink it deserves, but don't think that means nothing. 
Those two are don't go together. 

And yes, it means something.  But a division foe is difficult because they already know each other, have already played once and so it will be a tough game for those reasons.  Kyle may have a bit of information, that is if he wasn't thinking about his clothing line that day.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
I thought the Lion second stringer played pretty well on Thanksgiving, awesome for his first start.  Sloter will be the back-up, right?
Quote: Blough was their 3rd stringer.  I find it absolutely hilarious that Kaepernick had not even got a call and the receiver from his workouts got a try out.

Who gives a flying fuck about Kyle Sloter.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Who gives a flying fuck about Kyle Sloter.
this