Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danielle and Everson

Yet....the pass rush seems lesser than. ? 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
they get pressured into stepping up in the pocket and since there is no middle push... they have time to find the open man... theres always an open man when you get to go through your progressions twice.

So if Dak Prescott is sitting in the pocket for 5 seconds and a DE finally gets around his OT and rushes Dak and forces him to get rid of the ball, does the DE get credit for a QB pressure? ... In other words, is there any time limit beyond which a pass rusher does not get credit for a QB pressure?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
they get pressured into stepping up in the pocket and since there is no middle push... they have time to find the open man... theres always an open man when you get to go through your progressions twice.
Thats exactly what Im seeing - and missing L. Joseph has led to this issue in my opinion.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Thats exactly what Im seeing - and missing L. Joseph has led to this issue in my opinion.
Probably more a Stephen issue.  LJ isn't in on most passing downs.  We aren't getting the interior push from Stephen and co. 

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
maybe,  but the Big Goon hasnt been his usual self either the last couple years,  he is a load,  but doesnt seem to be a dominant even with the double teams as he once was.  he still takes a double on most plays,  but they seem to win now where he used to handle them.

I'm hesitant to blame Shamar Stephen because I don't think it has ever been realistic to see him as a penetrating 3T (though the Vikings play him there now). The efforts to fill the 3T role have been a real draft disappointment, considering Jaleel Johnson, Jalyn Holmes, and Armon Watts have all been mid-round picks. Johnson played alright Sunday, maybe he's developing.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I'm hesitant to blame Shamar Stephen because I don't think it has ever been realistic to see him as a penetrating 3T (though the Vikings play him there now). The efforts to fill the 3T role have been a real draft disappointment, considering Jaleel Johnson, Jalyn Holmes, and Armon Watts have all been mid-round picks. Johnson played alright Sunday, maybe he's developing.
There were a few discussions I read about Jalyn Holmes and Hercules giving us the needed middle pressure on passing downs.  I honestly haven't even noticed if these two are actually playing any snaps on Sundays.
The pressure from the DT spot would be perfect for our fleet of DEs.  Too bad we haven't had much of that.

should Griffen slide inside on passing downs, getting Weatherly and/or Fedi on the field

surprised we havent seen a lot of that.  especially with blitz fronts, dropping into coverage