Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 games left boys and girls...What say you?
The season got to the final quarter in a hurry didn't it? I like the later bye, hard to believe by the next game it'll be December. 

5 games left:
  • @ Seattle
  • Lions
  • @ Chargers
  • Packers 
  • Bears
3 of the last 4 @ home, all divisional games.  You couldn't ask for the schedule to fall more favorably - we'd be howling if that was GB lol! 

8/3 right now, I'm feeling winning 3 of the last 5 is about right. 

11/5 ?  Thats pretty good record. Hope it's enough to win The North..

Seattle will be tough, I like the Vikings in the rest of them!

signed,
Homer  B)

is Rhodes still starting?

Most likely 2 - 3 wins left is my guess.  

Every game on the remaining schedule is potentially tough for the Vikings. It's time to start a run, knocking off good teams,and building momentum for the post season. I still believe the NFCN is still there for the taking. That should be their first priority, one game at a time.

In summer I said this was an 11 win team. I'll stick with that. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if this team won out to go 13-3. 

Seattle at home isn't what it used to be. And I'm not sure we should be afraid of their 25th ranked defense anyway. Chargers are vulnerable. And most of the fans in that game will be in purple. The rest at home. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
is Rhodes still starting?
I think Rhodes demise is being exaggerated. Yes, he was beaten badly a few times...AGAIN...but he also had great coverage and great positioning on a couple of those where the receiver just made a great play. I would stick with him for now. 

But I also have to wonder if the Vikings might not be better off starting Hughes and Waynes outside with Mack in the slot. Is it time for Rhodes to move to safety? Especially with Harris out and Smith going down with a hammy.

Rhodes is not a safety and probably will never play that position.  Their have been very few corners moved to safety and been successful.

I said at the beginning of the year 13-3.   I stood by that several games back.  I see no reason to change that ... though I admit I thought Seattle and not KC at the beginning.

we go 4-1, lose to Seattle then win out