Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watched the 2nd half
I was listening to Sirius FM and got these two pretty impressive stats about the offense...
  1. Vikings are fifth in first quarter points. Teams ahead of us:  New England, Ravens, Packers and I think Colts.
  2. Vikings are fourth in first half scoring. Teams infront  of us: Baltimore, Kansas City, New England.

They do have a solid red zone defense too - I don’t  know stats. 

I expect field goals. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@FSUVike said:
With the right QB, OC and playmakers the Hurry Up is hard to stop. NE has won multiple Superbowls because of it. Buffalo made four straight because of it.

But Kearse wasn't good the 1st half any more than the rest of the Defense was. He was the victim of several completions to TEs early on and in on at least one of those completions that a Bronco somehow made with 2 Vik8ngs draped all over them.

That's getting to be an alarming thing. Dudes are catching passes with Vikings all over them. The Secondary needs to start doing a better job of seeing the ball and knocking it down instead of having their backs turned and trying to throw their arms up at the last second. 

Rhodes aside, the Secondary is in position to make a lot more plays than they have due to terrible ball skills. That's on the Coaches, IMO.

But back to KC. You don't want to stay in the hurry up all the time but it would sure be nice if Stefanski would sprinkle it in say, before the last drive of the 1st half! He's taking too long to go to it.
Its an important point to make regarding them making plays.  Our coverage had been pretty good bit i agree ball skills are key. Zim sacked up and let them cover mano a mano at crucial  points and we made the plays.  gives us alot of confidence but we cannot afford to get nearly taken out of a game like that.  Cousins delivered massively as did the oline cause KC is a staute 
That's a good description, if he could only learn some sliding around, step-up skills. It's one of my biggest beefs with him. 

Otoh, I'd bet he's getting most of his pressures from the interior. Really hard to avoid those. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Bullazin said:
@FSUVike said:
With the right QB, OC and playmakers the Hurry Up is hard to stop. NE has won multiple Superbowls because of it. Buffalo made four straight because of it.

But Kearse wasn't good the 1st half any more than the rest of the Defense was. He was the victim of several completions to TEs early on and in on at least one of those completions that a Bronco somehow made with 2 Vik8ngs draped all over them.

That's getting to be an alarming thing. Dudes are catching passes with Vikings all over them. The Secondary needs to start doing a better job of seeing the ball and knocking it down instead of having their backs turned and trying to throw their arms up at the last second. 

Rhodes aside, the Secondary is in position to make a lot more plays than they have due to terrible ball skills. That's on the Coaches, IMO.

But back to KC. You don't want to stay in the hurry up all the time but it would sure be nice if Stefanski would sprinkle it in say, before the last drive of the 1st half! He's taking too long to go to it.
Its an important point to make regarding them making plays.  Our coverage had been pretty good bit i agree ball skills are key. Zim sacked up and let them cover mano a mano at crucial  points and we made the plays.  gives us alot of confidence but we cannot afford to get nearly taken out of a game like that.  Cousins delivered massively as did the oline cause KC is a staute 
That's a good description, if he could only learn some sliding around, step-up skills. It's one of my biggest beefs with him. 

Otoh, I'd bet he's getting most of his pressures from the interior. Really hard to avoid those. 
any pocket improvement would help. including holding the ball more securely with 2 hands until he starts his motion

Kearse's recent tweets are basically a middle finger waving good bye. 

Kearse is a talented guy who doesn't get the use he should.  He has the speed and coverage ability of a DB and the height and (almost) weight of a linebacker.  He's the perfect guy to line up against a Travis Kelce and the like.  You can bet Kearse would have done a better job covering Noah Fant than the shit job Anthony Barr did on that key 4th down play.

Was I the only person watching the 1st half? Denver went at Kearse with TEs and WRs on multiple occassions and damn near every one of them was a big completion. 

And who did Erin go at in GB? Kearse. So much so that Mike pulled him on that 3rd TD drive. 

He is inconsistent in Coverage. Clemson didn't even use him like that. Dude is more LB than DB. That's definitely useful, but also has its drawbacks. Zimmer has used him right, IMO. Not exposing him too much in obvious passing downs unless Harris or Smith is out. He's also a demon on Special Teams.

Good player. Role player. And every team needs guys like that. The off the field stuff is a different matter. 

This is a pretty good compilation of Kearse's performance on that final drive. He made some money here....you might want to turn down the sound...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1196851249074835456

I'm not sure how he got away with that PI on the last play though

Quote: @Akvike said:
I'm not sure how he got away with that PI on the last play though
Fant or Kearse?  Fant pushed off.  Kearse grabbed him in response to that.