Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Ditches Flavored Vape Ban After Learning His Supporters Like to Vape
Quote:@"Slate.com" said:
Trump Ditches Flavored Vape Ban After Learning His Supporters Like to Vape

Just two months ago, President Donald Trump responded to the growing health crisis fueled by e-cigarette use, particularly among teens, by calling for a ban on flavored vaping products. Six weeks later, however, Trump indicated—without giving his reasoning—a softening in his stance on e-cigarettes. Now, just over two months after his initial statement, the initiative to ban flavored products favored by teens appears to have been completely snuffed out. Why? “As he had done so many times before,” the Washington Post reports, “Trump reversed course—this time on a plan to address a major public health problem because of worries that apoplectic vape shop owners and their customers might hurt his reelection prospects.

Source: Slate.com

Quote:@"WashingtonPost" said:
Trump backs off his flavored vape ban — for exactly the reason he said he wouldn’t

It’s hardly a surprise that President Trump is backing off his previously announced flavored vape ban. The whole thing seemed rather haphazard at the time, and he’s no stranger to such reversals. He was going to get tough on guns before he didn’t. He was going to do a full and immediate Syria withdrawal, until he wasn’t. His administration is pockmarked with officials around Trump having to adjust to his whims, only to see the whims soon fade to the background, along with the policies lodged to satisfy them.
But few things have epitomized this trend like the flavored vape ban. And what’s notable here is that Trump seems to be backing down not for reasons of public health, but for political ones — which, it bears emphasizing, is precisely what he said he would not do.
Source: Washington Post

[Image: hes-just-like-jesus-45242996.png]

Trump just 'evolved' on the issue.  

Happens all the time. Wink
https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the...age-197348

Quote: @savannahskol said:

And building the wall!  He was for it until Trump started to implement it.  

The media has done a great job recently identifying Vitamin E Acetate, used as a thickening agent in THC carts, as the cause of deaths and health issues related to "vaping."

Pretending nicotine vapes and THC vapes are the same thing isn't responsible at all and if it's proven that pot carts are the cause of all of the vaping related shit going on, backing off a flavored nicotine eliquid ban under the current ruse seems like common sense to me...

There is literally no reason to add Vitamin E Acetate to nicotine eliquid...

i learned here that 'only kids want flavored vapes...'

i also learned here that 'Trump supporters are vapers...'

Therefore, there obviously must be millions of Trump supporting, flavor vaping kids out there just aching for the ability to go out and vote for their guy, someday.

Quote: @savannahskol said:

But we were told he was different and "is just doing what he said he would do" you know.... "promises made and promises kept".
I guess he is not that different and just like the others after all. 
Like it's come to be ..... "Obama did it too". 

Quote: @mblack said:
@savannahskol said:

But we were told he was different and "is just doing what he said he would do" you know.... "promises made and promises kept".
I missed the campaign promise that he made regarding this issue.  

Link?

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@mblack said:
@savannahskol said:

I missed the campaign promise that he made regarding this issue.  

Link?
No. You missed the part where I said "is just doing what he said he would do".
Do you see that now?
Let me guess, the only things he can be held accountable to is what he said during the campaign.

I specifically responded to that one part.  The whole post seems a waste after seeing that stupid line.  

He is the first president that actually did what he promised.  

And the IG report will vindicate me. Almost here.