Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correct me if I am wrong, but it was child cancer patients right?
President Donald Trump has been ordered by a New York State judge to pay $2 million to a group of nonprofit organizations as part of a settlement in a civil lawsuit stemming from persistent violations of state charities laws.

The order stems from a New York attorney general complaint that alleged the Trump Foundation conflated charity with politics.

The foundation has already agreed to cease operations and must pay the two million to a consortium of nonprofit organizations.

The two million must be paid by President Trump himself for breaching his fiduciary duty to properly oversee the foundation that bears his name.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-foundation-ordered-pay-2m-collection-nonprofits-part/story?id=66827235&cid=social_fb_tw&fbclid=IwAR35Lk0Pq_V-cvasM4UJeJG4HYQFpP1f-700rib1cT3PTRnvrk4j8vxx9aA
Is this thing on?

Good grief Mike.  Go to Huffpost or DailyKos with this.  

If he's guilty, he should pay.  But something tells me that this is- yet another- activist judge trying to impose his will through the courts.

Quote: @pumpf said:
If he's guilty, he should pay.  But something tells me that this is- yet another- activist judge trying to impose his will through the courts.
or somebody else imposing their will through an ethically flexible judge.

The list of nonprofits that the judge approved to receive Trump's $2 million include the Army Emergency Relief, Children's Aid Society, City Meals-on-Wheels, Give an Hour, Martha's Table, United Negro College Fund, United Way of Capital Area and the US Holocaust Memorial Museum.

The lawyers on both sides came to a "consensual resolution of the bulk of this proceeding" in October, the judge said in her decision, and agreed that the judge would determine the amount of damages Trump would be required to pay.  In her decision filed Thursday, Justice Saliann Scarpulla found that "Mr. Trump breached his fiduciary duty to the Foundation," including by "allowing his campaign to orchestrate" a televised fundraiser ostensibly for the foundation in Des Moines, Iowa, in January 2016, and allowing the campaign to direct the distribution of the money raised from that event "to further Mr. Trump's political campaign."  

This was a fairly open and shut case of abuse.  He did use his charity to purchase artwork of himself: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-25/trump-charity-lawyer-defends-payments-against-self-dealing-claim

Quote: @Chuckf said:
He's doing it on purpose figuring that we'll all get sick of "politics" and all be in favor of banning them.  Its his site, he can do as he sees fit so the broken record keeps on spinning.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Chuckf said:
He's doing it on purpose figuring that we'll all get sick of "politics" and all be in favor of banning them.  Its his site, he can do as he sees fit so the broken record keeps on spinning.
JMO

Mikes pretty busy these days and rarely has time to post on this board or the football side, I dont think he is scheming to kill anything.  Although I will say that every time we get these blow ups that require somebody to step in,  and those that are in the middle of the dust up act innocent and attack moderation or the site... there is always a discussion to say F-it and close this feature.  I wasnt a mod prior to the board split, but I know that those conversations were talking place well over a year before any action was taken and I have to think it stems back to how those that required moderation acted out and then others would come to their defense... and what is said on the board is pretty calm compared to some of the shit said in PMs.  Hence why my rule is civility,  i honestly dont care how some of you treat each other,  but I do care about keeping this site viable for as long as we can and letting this aspect of the site become a cesspool that spills over to the main board will only hasten the ultimate end of Vikefans and all the efforts and funds will have been wasted. 

Honestly I am surprised that Mike still takes the time to work on fixing the bugs that we forward to him that pop up with the board.  Especially when he gets beat up when he does post stuff.   I dont agree with Mike on a lot of shit,  but his views are his views and they deserve the same consideration on this board as the ones we agree with... ESPECIALLY since he is the one that keeps the place going both monetarily and through his in kind donations of countless hours of time.

"If he's guilty ..."

You can drop the IF, kind of the whole point of the $2 million dollar fine.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@pumpf said:
or somebody else imposing their will through an ethically flexible judge.
Or you guys could just accept this is exactly who Trump is.

Trump University?  Fraud, $25 million dollar fine.

There's no gray area here.  Trump's not even fighting it.  But yet conservatives want to make some lame ass comments about maybe it's just some activist judge.

It's hopeless how even after damning evidence and a clear paper trail is established in a court of law, you still aren't ready to accept it.

He's been a fucking fraud and con artist his whole life, this isn't his first rodeo of fucking over innocent people to enrich himself.  I don't understand how people don't see the pattern of behavior and think he truly cares about anyone or anything not named Donald Trump.