Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kirk Cousins with longest connection in air so far....
So we hear about arm strength and how important it is or in some cases, how fans make such a HUGE deal about it. So guess which guy has the longest (ball in the air) connection so far this season in the NFL? Yep, Kirk Daniel Cousins. Not known as having a cannon like some other guys. Accuracy is much more important than arm strength, unless the arm strength is extra bad from a NFL perspective, but Cousins has always been underrated by some in this department. He's got plenty:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top-connec...-Gen-Stats

Quote: @StickyBun said:
So we hear about arm strength and how important it is or in some cases, how fans make such a HUGE deal about it. So guess which guy has the longest (ball in the air) connection so far this season in the NFL? Yep, Kirk Daniel Cousins. Not known as having a cannon like some other guys. Accuracy is much more important than arm strength, unless the arm strength is extra bad from a NFL perspective, but Cousins has always been underrated by some in this department. He's got plenty:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top-connec...-Gen-Stats
I definitely agree with you that arm strength is one of the more overrated factors, just don't agree that there was some prevailing belief that Cousins doesn't have a strong arm. Maybe there is, but I haven't heard it. I'd always been under the impression that arm strenght was one of his strengths. 

It's certainly on display here: 

60.51 yards

I've heard the talk more than not about Cousin's arm strength, usually by media that doesn't know. Cousins throws a tight spiral, he gets really good RPMs on it. That helps his accuracy and maximizes his arm strength. But he doesn't have a gun and if you look at draft profiles, arm strength was never a strength. But he's got more than enough for sure. Its certainly not a weakness. 

what the fuck you all mean "arm strength is over rated for a QB"  

yours sincerely offended,
Jamarcus Russel

Cousins answered whether he could sling it week 2 @ GB last year. 

The question in 2019  to me is , can  he protect the ball  and make  the correct  read?

Stats say, he's done it. 

Can he do it against tougher competition over  the next 8 weeks?  IMO he can do it.