Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation That Trent Williams To The Browns
You put Trent, a 7 time pro bowler on this line we are damn near as good as the pats

Latest On Redskins, Trent Williams

October 29th, 2019 at 12:59pm CST by Andrew Ortenberg

The NFL trade deadline is just a few hours away, and one of the biggest name players on the block is Redskins tackle Trent Williams. Williams hasn’t played or practiced this season as he continues to hold out due to his unhappiness with Washington’s management, and the ‘Skins just recently became open to trading him.
                               [Image: trent-williamsaaa-200x300.jpg]

Washington got the trade ball rolling very late in the process, and it could end up ruining their chances of getting a deal done. The Redskins haven’t budged off their asking price of a first-round pick, according to John Keim of ESPN.com. Williams is 31 with a somewhat significant injury history, so it’s unclear if anyone will meet that asking price. Additionally, we have another report that suggests Washington’s front office isn’t taking a realistic approach here.

The Redskins “aren’t just asking for draft picks,” and are “big-game hunting” while asking for players like Browns cornerback Denzel Ward in a potential trade, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (Twitter link). As Rapsheet points out, that’s a “non-starter.” Cleveland just drafted Ward fourth overall last year, and he’s shown a ton of promise.

The Browns have been the team most heavily linked to Williams for a while now, as they continue to search for offensive tackle help. They’re still in the mix but the Browns have expressed concern about including a first-round pick due to a potential Williams injury, tweets Josina Anderson of ESPN.com.

Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.

Blows me away how poorly run the Redskins organization has been since Snyder bought them. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Blows me away how poorly run the Redskins organization has been since Snyder bought them. 
Yep, and you know what you get when you're stupid and ask for the moon in return for a player who will never, ever play for you?

[Image: giphy.gif]

He just reported.

Reiff just graded out the top LT last week.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:
Yep, and you know what you get when you're stupid and ask for the moon in return for a player who will never, ever play for you?

Man, I loved that movie and I loved Gene Wilder too...

Quote: @Skodin said:
man if ww could make the numbers work I would deal Xavier for him.  Slide Reiff to LG and book tickets to Miami in Feb

if Hill was active and producing this wouldnt seem so far fetched
The Far fetched part is the Skins taking Rhodes for Williams.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Mattyman said:

Snyder doesn't understand leverage.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Reiff just graded out the top LT last week.
I don't know what's been going on with him the last few weeks but he's more animated than I've ever seen him. Has an edge he's never had before.