Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation That Trent Williams To The Browns
[Image: Washington%20Redskins.png]
The Canton Repository's Steve Doerschuk links holdout Redskins LT Trent Williams to the Browns."Hearing Trent Williams should be on Browns roster quite soon," was the extent of Doerschuk's "report." It's quite possible it's pure conjecture, but Doerschuk is a legitimate reporter. The tanked Redskins holding onto Williams makes zero sense, while he would be a massive addition for the Browns' pathetic offensive line.
RELATED: 

man if ww could make the numbers work I would deal Xavier for him.  Slide Reiff to LG and book tickets to Miami in Feb

if Hill was active and producing this wouldnt seem so far fetched

[Image: Washington%20Redskins.png]
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins are open to trading LT Trent Williams.Williams has been holding out all season. Per Rapoport, the Redskins "have begun the process of looking at potential suitors, and the Browns have been one. Unclear how high they set the asking price, but they’ll at least listen." One of the league's best offensive tackles when healthy should fetch a more-than-decent haul on the trade market. The bigger question is why it took the 1-7 Redskins so long to come to this conclusion.

If we are swinging deals, I would rather deal Xavier for Geno A

I could see Rhodes going to the Chiefs...Bengals will want picks or youngsters...

Skins are rebuilding and most likely want a draft pick or young player. Would you trade our #2 for Williams? I would.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Skins are rebuilding and most likely want a draft pick or young player. Would you trade our #2 for Williams? I would.
Thats to much for a guy with 1 year left on his contract and will be 32 when next season starts...add in that he hasnt played football in about a year....to much uncertainty and not enough time for me for that high of a pick.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
That to much for a guy with 1 year left on his contract and will be 32 when next season starts...add in that he hasnt played football in about a year....to much uncertainty and not enough time for me for that high of a pick.
And he wants a new deal that pays him top dollar.
I think Reiff is adequate.  He is never going to be All Pro and probably wont make the Pro Bowl.  But he is about average and sometimes better than average.
I think the draft is where they will find another tackle (right or left).
Maybe a Calvin Throckmorton or Liam Eichenberg or Scott Frantz?

i suspect Cleveland has offered their second round pick and it’s a lot better than ours. Wash. would want a first from us. 

Offer them a #2.  And throw in Treadwell, Doctson and a years supply of lutefisk. Wink