Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hallmark; A text-book case on how to poorly manage important decisions
IF you aren't going to stick by your decision? Then don't make one to begin with. SMH...

In reversal, Hallmark will reinstate same-sex marriage adsJocelyn NoveckDecember 15, 2019 at 11:00 pmNEW YORK — The Hallmark Channel, reversing what it called a “wrong decision,” said Sunday it will reinstate commercials featuring same-sex couples that it had pulled following a complaint from a conservative group.

https://www.twincities.com/2019/12/15/in...riage-ads/

I can't believe people are still getting knickers twisted over something like that...but then, some bottom-feeders got bent about the "mixed race" (it's called the human race, imbeciles) Cheerios commercial a few years back.

The One Million Old Maids or whatever they are need to got gossip while quilting, or something, and get over themselves.

They are free to do whatever they want... and consumers are free to watch whatever they want.  I'm not a big fan of telling private businesses what they can do or not do.  I think they're making a mistake... but it's theirs to make.

And, before the attacks come: I think it is a BUSINESS mistake, because their core audience is "One Million Old Maids" that were referenced previously.  Conservative, Bible-believing people are looking for entertainment options that are still clinging to a traditional viewpoint.  If Hallmark chooses to be "like everyone else", then there's really no reason for their core audience to keep watching.  Now they will have to compete with every other channel.  Previously, they had a niche market.  With all the entertainment options available to people, I would think that a business would prefer to have a niche market all to itself, rather than having to compete in a larger marketplace.

Of course, I could be wrong.  I certainly didn't major in economics or business.

When their niche market had such a tiny, warped mindset that a single same-setwitter.commercial is worth wailing and boycotts...let's hope that niche is gone forever.

If they can't appreciate a couple of adults having a consenting commitment to one another for 20-30 seconds, they'd be much happier as Russians or Iranians.

Hopefully, they realize this and move.

OMG, who cares? I'm all for tolerance, but you gutless little b$%^& Hallmark Channel. First of all, I'm going to guess that the demographic for same-sex marriage isn't that channel....yet you accept advertising dollars knowing its going to cause backlash. Ok, you made a decision. Then you cave and have them removed, so gutless. THEN you say nope, that's not right, we changed our minds. 

If you get offended by a commercial and for whatever reason, it bothers you SO much, here's what you do: DON'T WATCH THE CHANNEL. Don't complain like a 3 year old. Or how about this: record and fast forward thru the commercials. You can still watch the shows you like! What a concept! Act like an adult that lives in a world that you don't always agree with but it really DOESN'T IMPACT YOU AT ALL.