Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB
I hoped that  by the end of the season    Cook and Mattison  would play well  enough that they'd   be mentioned as "one of the best duos in the league"

I didn't think they'd do it in 8 games

When is the last time the Vikings had  8? consecutive running plays to end a game?

Impressive.

Last drive: 16 plays, all runs, 8:10 off the clock.
  Edit: Officially 14 plays, 2 were called back on penalty.

What would Mattisons stats have been last night without the holding calls?

Quote: @muydnbejydk said:
I would bet they've never done that; even in the run heavy Chilly/Tjack/AD days.
Yeah, they could've tried scoring on that final drive, but it was satisfying for me to watch them pounding the ball time and time again.  The Redskins showed their weakness against the run in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
What would Mattisons stats have been last night without the holding calls?
I think I read that he had 3 rushes for 40 yards called back on penalties in the game...  so 101 rushing yards on 16 attempts if you give him that yardage...

He's a stud, plain and simple.

[Image: Minnesota%20Vikings_0.png]
Alexander Mattison rushed 13 times for 61 yards in the Vikings' Week 8 win over the Redskins, adding two catches for three additional yards.Tasked with closing out a brisk, run-established affair, Mattison could have had a much bigger statline but lost an absurd 3/40 to Vikings penalties. Mattison continues to look like one of the most valuable handcuffs in all of fantasy football. Mattison would win leagues were Dalvin Cook to go down with injury. With garbage time unlikely to be a thing for next week's road trip to Kansas City, Mattison will lack FLEX appeal.

Quote: @muydnbejydk said:
Woe! 

Has  anyone else mistaken Cook for Mattison or vice versa? 

It's tough  to spot a weakness in either of them in all 3 facets (run,catch or blocking) 

Cook is the better back and has more experience. I get it.  But I don't see much difference with either of them on the field.

The only difference I see is Cook is slippery and makes the first guy miss,  Mattison is a 1 cut North/South with a bit more power.

One of them has to wrap their dreds in a bandana or something...

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@muydnbejydk said:
Woe! 

It's tough  to spot a weakness in either of them in all 3 facets (run,catch or blocking) 

Cook is the better back and has more experience. I get it.  But I don't see much difference with either of them on the field.

The only difference I see is Cook is slippery and makes the first guy miss,  Mattison is a 1 cut North/South with a bit more power.
I said the same thing a couple weeks ago...  there are times I don't realize it's Mattison in the game until I see his jersey number as he's getting tackled.  Very similar running styles where it is one cut and go.  Cook is more slippery and has an extra gear around the edge and Mattison is more power.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@Mattyman said:
@muydnbejydk said:
Woe! 

I said the same thing a couple weeks ago...  there are times I don't realize it's Mattison in the game until I see his jersey number as he's getting tackled.  Very similar running styles where it is one cut and go.  Cook is more slippery and has an extra gear around the edge and Mattison is more power.
They use them in a confusing way on purpose because The Defense told the coaches it was messing them up all thru training camps and practices too.
I love it.