Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for absolute immunity
Let me clarify, Trumps lawyers are arguing that the president can't be investigated nor prosecuted while in office.  Quoting from the exchange "nothing can be done while he is in office". That is simply crazy.

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@Viking1987 said:
not. to mention the democracts. ongoing secret. meetings
If you believe that I suggest investing in real estate, because I have a beautiful bridge in San Francisco to sell you.
I'm becoming more and more convinced that Republicans now believe they can say anything they want--anything at all--and a large percentage of their base will just believe it. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Viking1987 said:
If you believe that I suggest investing in real estate, because I have a beautiful bridge in San Francisco to sell you.
I'm becoming more and more convinced that Republicans now believe they can say anything they want--anything at all--and a large percentage of their base will just believe it. 
This has been going on both sides for years. The blind trust we put in our “leaders” is terrifying. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Viking1987 said:
You mean things like: large hairy men can call themselves women and then they get to compete in women's powerlifting competitions?  Crazy, ridiculous things like that?

Quote: @pumpf said:
@MaroonBells said:
@SFVikeFan said:
@Viking1987 said:
You mean things like: large hairy men can call themselves women and then they get to compete in women's powerlifting competitions?  Crazy, ridiculous things like that?
Wow, this really has you upset. Maybe don't skip leg day and you can re-enter next year.

No, I'm talking about the "secret meetings" that four dozen republicans are in. 

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@Viking1987 said:

sorry i have. no. intrest in living in sanfransico 

LOL

The president has due process rights, even in impeachment. 

For instance, to be present and confront witnesses in congressional hearings.  
Make it all public.  Like Trump wants. 

Quote: @mblack said:
Let me clarify, Trumps lawyers are arguing that the president can't be investigated nor prosecuted while in office.  Quoting from the exchange "nothing can be done while he is in office". That is simply crazy.
If you had linked to the comments you're referring to, it might help to understand/alleviate your consternation. 

Since you didn't link... I'll refer you back to my previous post, as your answer.  

Why would you take the time/effort to investigate....if you knew you couldn't prosecute?
Why would you chase loose wimmen.....if you were impotent?  

Again...the constitutionally prescribed method (backed up by the DOJ OLC) of investigating/removing a POTUS is impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate.  

By design, it's ultimately a 'political' process not a 'criminal' one....altho there are some parallels.

That said... enemies of a POTUS have been known to use banana-republic tactics to circumvent the constitution.   Wink

Quote: @savannahskol said:
@mblack said:
If you had linked to the comments you're referring to, it might help to understand/alleviate your consternation. 

Since you didn't link... I'll refer you back to my previous post, as your answer.  

Why would you take the time/effort to investigate....if you knew you couldn't prosecute?
Why would you chase loose wimmen.....if you were impotent?  

Again...the constitutionally prescribed method (backed up by the DOJ OLC) of investigating/removing a POTUS is impeachment by the House and conviction by the Senate.  

By design, it's ultimately a 'political' process not a 'criminal' one....altho there are some parallels.

That said... enemies of a POTUS have been known to use banana-republic tactics to circumvent the constitution.   Wink

I just don’t think there’s any way forward where Donald
Trump is getting impeached and convicted (at least before the election).  Nothing is going to make it through the
senate.  I don’t think they’re dumb
enough to do it and think it would work. 
I think this whole thing is a dog and pony show to continue the
narrative that Trump is some horrible bad guy and people need to vote democrat
far and wide.  I think it’s another thing
that will drag on forever, get a ton of media attention, but won’t lead
anywhere because it’s not meant to ever be over, it’s just meant for creating
news headlines before the election.