Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adrian Peterson doesn't run like an old man
Adrian Peterson doesn't run like an old manEven at 34, Adrian Peterson is a physical marvel.
Four years and 217 days after he rode a camel into his 30th birthday party, Adrian Peterson now wears the workhorse saddle upon which Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan will ride into U.S. Bank Stadium for Thursday night’s game against Peterson’s former team.
So, Bill, you old-school O-line coach, exactly how much football do you think is left in Peterson, who, by the way, said Tuesday he is “for sure” playing Thursday on his nicked-up ankle.
“Oh my gosh,” Callahan said Tuesday. “He’s got so much in him".

Chiseled Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter sees that firsthand four to five times a week every offseason. He and other Houston-based NFL players work out alongside Peterson while swearing by grueling taskmaster James Cooper, Peterson’s longtime trainer and co-owner of the O Athletik, the gym Peterson opened in 2016.
“The harder it gets, the more and more determined Adrian gets to get that next rep, finish another lap,” Hunter said. “He just gets that look. How he takes care of his body is something I admire, and it’s where I get some of the way I take care of my body.”
Give us a good example, Danielle.
“We’ll do legs with maybe 10 sets of squatting with heavy weights,” he said. “We’ll darn near almost die. But then we go run the track. Or runs miles in the sand pit, changing directions. Or run up a steep hill 20 times. Or bear crawl up the hill backward.
“You come out of the squats and your legs feel like Jell-O. You’re thinking, ‘How in the world am I going to be able to go run?’ Then you push yourself. Everything we do is about muscle endurance.”
Hunter was a 20-year-old rookie in 2015 when a 30-year-old Peterson won his third NFL rushing title with 1,485 yards on a league-high 327 carries. Peterson also joined Marion Motley and Curtis Martin as the only players to win a rushing title in their 30s. Motley was 30 in 1950 and Martin was 31 in 2004.

Fast forward four years and, according to Callahan, “He’s looking like the same old Adrian that we all know.” Or, as Vikings coach Mike Zimmer put it, “Typically, [power runners], once they get older, they slow down. He’s always had the speed and the physicality of the way he runs. Typically, those guys get beat up once they get older, and I don’t see that with him.
http://www.startribune.com/adrian-peters...563742812/

He's definitely slower, but not 'drop off the table' type slower. He is a physical marvel, zero doubt about it. Unique. But, let's not act like he hasn't lost something, he has. 

Its funny: The Peterson-playing-his-old-team angle seems much stronger in this game then it was when he came with New Orleans by the media??

Is he even going to play on a bum ankle?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
He's definitely slower, but not 'drop off the table' type slower. He is a physical marvel, zero doubt about it. Unique. But, let's not act like he hasn't lost something, he has. 

Its funny: The Peterson-playing-his-old-team angle seems much stronger in this game then it was when he came with New Orleans by the media??
I think there isn't much else to hype in this game but the revenge angles of Adrian, Kirk and Case.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

I think there isn't much else to hype in this game but the revenge angles of Adrian, Kirk and Case.

Even with that, the media make more out of it than there actually is...

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

Even with that, the media make more out of it than there actually is...
It is what they do. 

He may not quite have the speed he once had, but he still has the ability to fumble! Hopefully he will cough one or two up to the Vikings defense tonight. I hope Zimmer emphasizes getting the ball out when tackling him.

Quote: @comet52 said:
Thats what I'm wondering about too...

Is he even going to play?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@comet52 said:
Thats what I'm wondering about too...

Is he even going to play?
I saw he's listed as questionable.  I have no doubt AD will be playing.

He also doesn't  run like productive back. In 32 games since last playing with Minnesota he has 10 rushing td's, 8 100 yard games, 3.7 ypc and and 56.4 yards per game. But hey, cool for him that in the weight room and running sprints without pads he looks the part.