Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF or When?
Quote: @pumpf said:
@ArizonaViking said:
For me, I'm questioning his off-season conditioning program.  I suspect he does nothing during the off-season and relies on his abilities and experience to get him through.  I don't think he's in top physical shape.
I'm not sure that I agree.  I think he works hard... but when I see him, it looks like he's "body-building", rather than improving his functional strength and flexibility.  To me, that's where his "skills" have gone: he's not as fluid as he used to be, due to being so "built-up".  But that's just an opinion.
Same thought here. Like I mentioned earlier he looks bigger and slower

When...

#Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes played a season-low 75 percent of the snaps Sunday at Detroit. His previous season low had been 79.7 percent. Rhodes was in for 57 of 75 plays. Trae Waynes got 65 plays. And Mike Hughes was in for 34.

Hughes isn't ready yet as evidenced by allowing Jones inside on his third score...But Hughes isn't far off as evidenced by his play on the 2 point conversion on a much bigger Kenny Galloday...

I'd dial up Philly as their DB corps are depleted...in season might be too soon, but if listen...

Quote: @dadevike said:
Not ready to give up on X just yet.  Yesterday was not as bad as it looked.  I know about the TDs (and the PI penalty) - but who could really have stopped those short TD passes yesterday?  They were really well thrown balls to a very good receiver. The PI was a bad play, and even that was pretty close.  ... Having said that, I do like Hughes.
Yes, the PI was bad, as the announcer mentioned, X was in position, and didn't need to make contact.  The TDs were just tough to defend.  Stafford has a cannon and fit it right in there.
As to Hughes, I love his physicality at the point of the catch.  He plays physical, but more when the ball arrives and not before like Rhodes.  He has 2 huge PBUs in 2 weeks against big strong WRs.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@ArizonaViking said:
For me, I'm questioning his off-season conditioning program.  I suspect he does nothing during the off-season and relies on his abilities and experience to get him through.  I don't think he's in top physical shape.
I'm not sure that I agree.  I think he works hard... but when I see him, it looks like he's "body-building", rather than improving his functional strength and flexibility.  To me, that's where his "skills" have gone: he's not as fluid as he used to be, due to being so "built-up".  But that's just an opinion.
XR is on the injury report for several weeks with a hip.  So he may be hurting which would explain that lack of fluidity.

Quote: @dadevike said:
@Nichelle said:
@dadevike said:
Not ready to give up on X just yet.  Yesterday was not as bad as it looked.  I know about the TDs (and the PI penalty) - but who could really have stopped those short TD passes yesterday?  They were really well thrown balls to a very good receiver. The PI was a bad play, and even that was pretty close.  ... Having said that, I do like Hughes.
I think that's a fair point. I read that Rhodes really only gave up 5 yds in coverage. Of course within that were 2 short yardage TD's. 

How do they not count the yards he gave up on the PI?  Those yards are on him.  Still, he was mostly ok. Giving up the TDs looks bad, but not much you can do about a perfect (short) pass.
True. They were disregarding the PI yards and considered that '50/50'.