Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Lions not sweating Vikings WR Laquon Treadwell's 'easy' snub. Here's why
Quote: @mjollnir_k said:
Love all the crap talk with no true idea of intent.  Talking this board not what a player says.  Media infers it meant this and everybody jumps on board.
So true.  Pederson didn't guarantee a win.  So often these "bulletin board" comments are more about the media bulletin board and little to do with reality.  Click bait.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
True. Yeah I get that ^^^^   

I'm Just kinda old school. When coach is talking you let him finish. 
You get too many guys chirping and sometimes you lose the message.
they are kids and they were excited.   i know they are in their 20s, but considering they are all into social media and video games,  and really dont have much for adult problems i think they are just big kids and it was a happy moment for them.
Today I learned 20s were kids.  Damn I'm old. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vanguard83 said:
True. Yeah I get that ^^^^   

I'm Just kinda old school. When coach is talking you let him finish. 
You get too many guys chirping and sometimes you lose the message.
they are kids and they were excited.   i know they are in their 20s, but considering they are all into social media and video games,  and really dont have much for adult problems i think they are just big kids and it was a happy moment for them.
Today I learned 20s were kids.  Damn I'm old. 
just today?  Ive been calling these 20 somethings kids since I turned 35.... a couple years ago.

Quote: @greediron said:
@mjollnir_k said:
Love all the crap talk with no true idea of intent.  Talking this board not what a player says.  Media infers it meant this and everybody jumps on board.
So true.  Pederson didn't guarantee a win.  So often these "bulletin board" comments are more about the media bulletin board and little to do with reality.  Click bait.
One of the Detroit players put it perfectly: (paraphrased) "If it takes something like that to get millionaires motivated... that's not saying much for them."

Quote: @pumpf said:
@greediron said:
@mjollnir_k said:
One of the Detroit players put it perfectly: (paraphrased) "If it takes something like that to get millionaires motivated... that's not saying much for them."
sadly i think that for many... its more likely something like this that lights a fire and not the millions that they think they are entitled to.

Quote: @greediron said:
@mjollnir_k said:
He didn't use the word "guarantee" but I can see how it can be interpreted in more than one way. He expressed confidence in his team and seemed to make a statement that was a matter of fact. I can see why some, including the opposing team, would push back.

Here are the comments (along with a few good memories).